Mahindra engine oil filter for a 2555 tractor.

I own a 2016, Mahindra 2555 HST tractor. The oil filters for the tractor are expensive. The engine oil filter just cost me around $46.00. This filter, 006016642V91, does not show a cross over replacement. In fact, most of the Mahindra filters don't show a cross reference. The other Mahindra engine oil filter for this tractor is a 006008803F1, an older number that was replaced by the 006016642V91 filter. I took the new filter to my local NAPA store to see if they could find a filter that matched it. They researched the filter and found one that looks very close. The center threads on the filter are 20x1.5 mm. The NAPA Gold filter part number is 1324 and it's under $8.00. The gasket matches up perfectly to the Mahindra. Now I know there is more to a filter than physical appearance. The counter man printed off the spec sheet for the 1324 filter. This filter is used on all types of smaller diesel engines, so I wonder if will be OK to install it on my Mahindra? The Mahindra engine oil filter, part # 006016642V91 is made by Mahle Corp. Their part number is OC 1139. I called Mahle USA and they said they manufacture this filter for Mahindra and it has a copyright on it. No specs are available.
Does anyone have any thoughts on this?

[Linked Image]

If the threads are correct, and the base gasket diameter is basically the same so it mounts well on the motor, then it's going to be fine. Realize that most oil filters are specified for literally 100s of different engines so 99% of the time there is nothing special about the filter for most use cases. About the only thing that could become "special" about a specific filter application is the bypass valve setting, but on that engine I'm sure the NAPA filter (16 PSI bypass valve) will work fine.

Here's the spec sheet for the WIX 51324, which is the same as the NAPA 1324.

http://www.wixfilters.com/Lookup/PartDetails.aspx?Part=29383

Is the same tractor sold in India ? For that amount of money, I wonder if you could contact somebody in India to price out the filter and have it shipped to USA. I find it hard to believe that any farmer in India would pay $46 for a filter. Definitely keep a used filter to be cut open.

Originally Posted by rubberchicken
Is the same tractor sold in India ? For that amount of money, I wonder if you could contact somebody in India to price out the filter and have it shipped to USA. I find it hard to believe that any farmer in India would pay $46 for a filter. Definitely keep a used filter to be cut open.

Thanks for the comment. Mahindra builds these tractors, like mine, the 2555, in Texas. I don't know how much is actually built there, but the advertise made in the USA. I tried India, but nothing. Mahle Corp, an Indian company, makes these filters. I contacted Mahle USA and they have no specs for these. Everything seems to have a copyright. I suppose the Mahle filter or Mahindra filter would not cost this much if sold in India. Those guys are cheaper than me!

Originally Posted by CT8
That is the filter that crosses to my Kioti tractor. 1324.

Yes it does. The NAPA Gold 1324 is used on the Kioti diesel, Isuzu diesel, small Ford diesels and a few GM diesels. I didn't see a gas engine listed.

Originally Posted by ZeeOSix
If the threads are correct, and the base gasket diameter is basically the same so it mounts well on the motor, then it's going to be fine. Realize that most oil filters are specified for literally 100s of different engines so 99% of the time there is nothing special about the filter for most use cases. About the only thing that could become "special" about a specific filter application is the bypass valve setting, but on that engine I'm sure the NAPA filter (16 PSI bypass valve) will work fine.

Here's the spec sheet for the WIX 51324, which is the same as the NAPA 1324.

http://www.wixfilters.com/Lookup/PartDetails.aspx?Part=29383

Thanks ZeeOSix. The filter is a perfect match. NAPA had a test bolt and it fit in both filters. I know it will fit, but will it be OK to use. I'm cheap, but I don't want to trash the engine. With the engine computer, the tractor would shut down before damage could be done. I think Mahindra has it set up where an owner has to buy filters from them and spend big bucks.

Originally Posted by Farmer52
The filter is a perfect match. NAPA had a test bolt and it fit in both filters. I know it will fit, but will it be OK to use. I'm cheap, but I don't want to trash the engine.

Considering that filter is specified for a lot of cars with V8 engines, I'd say it can handle the job on your tractor.

1324 is also what most all Branson Tractors use.

I use a Napa 7046 on my Mahindra 4110. I think a 1324 would spin right on, I have never tried it.

I'm cheap, but I don't want to trash the engine. With the engine computer, the tractor would shut down before damage could be done. I think Mahindra has it set up where an owner has to buy filters from them and spend big bucks.

It will never happen. It's a good filter that's used on more small diesel tractors than you or I could ever count.

Thanks for the comment. Mahindra builds these tractors, like mine, the 2555, in Texas. I don't know how much is actually built there, but the advertise made in the USA. I tried India, but nothing. Mahle Corp, an Indian company, makes these filters. I contacted Mahle USA and they have no specs for these. Everything seems to have a copyright. I suppose the Mahle filter or Mahindra filter would not cost this much if sold in India. Those guys are cheaper than me!

Just a minor clarification, Mahle Corp. is a German company. They may have a presence in India but they aren't an Indian company.

Originally Posted by Langanobob
Farmer52 said:
Just a minor clarification, Mahle Corp. is a German company. They may have a presence in India but they aren't an Indian company.

Thanks for the clarification. The new Mahindra filter I just bought says made in India by Mahle, so I assumed Mahle was Indian.

Originally Posted by Langanobob
Farmer52 said:

Thanks for the clarification. The new Mahindra filter I just bought says made in India by Mahle, so I assumed Mahle was Indian.

Since I was aware that Mahindra is an Indian company, I just assumed all its tractor products were made in India, which in hindsight was a silly assumption.

rubberchicken, The Mahindra 2555 I bought is made in Texas. I'm not sure how much of it is really made in the USA or just assembled over here. Mahindra is an Indian company and they still build tractors and equipment in India. These tractors don't look like the USA built tractors. I think they use different sheet metal on the USA tractors, so they look more American. Just my thoughts.

rubberchicken, The Mahindra 2555 I bought is made in Texas. I'm not sure how much of it is really made in the USA or just assembled over here.

Just assembled from "Crated status" only.... put the wheels and muffler on, battery in, etc.

None of the major mechanical components (engine, trans, etc.) are made (or even assembled) in the USA

My Mahindra isn't Indian at all except for name - - mine is made by TYC tractors in South Korea

Originally Posted by Linctex
rubberchicken, The Mahindra 2555 I bought is made in Texas. I'm not sure how much of it is really made in the USA or just assembled over here.

Just assembled from "Crated status" only.... put the wheels and muffler on, battery in, etc.

None of the major mechanical components (engine, trans, etc.) are made (or even assembled) in the USA

My Mahindra isn't Indian at all except for name - - mine is made by TYC tractors in South Korea

Do you mean TYM? These look quite similar to a Mahindra, at least a few models. The TYM T554 is almost identical to my 2555 Mahindra, except the TYM has a 4 cylinder engine, rated at 55 HP. I called the TYM dealer and they use the same power steering control valve made by SINJIN Precision Co. LTD. The one my 2555 leaks. The same valve from TYM is about $200 less money.

Last edited:
Hi everyone! Thanks for your response to my question about the NAPA Gold 1324 engine oil filter being compatible to my Mahindra 2555 tractor. This forum has lots of great info I never see anywhere else. There is much good knowledge and experience. Thanks!

Hi everyone! Thanks for your response to my question about the NAPA Gold 1324 engine oil filter being compatible to my Mahindra 2555 tractor. This forum has lots of great info I never see anywhere else. There is much good knowledge and experience. Thanks!
Since this topic has been around for almost 2 years, has anybody successfully been using the NAPA 1324 as a substitute for
the Mahindra 006016642V91? I'm ready to go for it. Thanks in advance.

Its just an oil filter.
For a 20mm thread, some choices:

Might be better to use a remote filter adapter kit and toss on a newer tech filter.

Back