Rotisserie for gas grill

Status
Not open for further replies.
Anyone have one, and like it? I'm thinking about getting one for my little Weber Spirit 2.

Originally Posted by bubbatime
I received one as a gift 4 years ago. Its still new in the box.

Haha. That's what I'm afraid of.

I'm trying to find another tasty method to cook cheap whole chickens. It looks useful for a few other things too.

I have one and have cooked whole chickens on it but since discovering how to cook beer butt chicken I rarely use it. Having to tie the wings and legs up and making sure it wasn't slipping on the shaft etc. Admittedly, I only cooked chicken on the rotisserie.

Originally Posted by Snagglefoot
Keep them oiled after use. They'll rust like crazy down south!

The Weber model claims to be stainless steel. Weber normally has pretty good products so hopefully they use a decent stainless.

Definitely get a rotisserie. I did my Thanksgiving turkey on a rotisserie and it was awesome. You do have to watch it and make sure that it stays balanced during the cooking process but the results are worth it.

I have used a Weber and one of the things I don't like about it is having to remove the bars that cover the burners for clearance and all the fat from a big bird gets all over the burner tubes. I have some baskets that fit on the spit and still use them sometimes. I do chickens on the charcoal grill beer can style now which is way less messy and a lot less [censored] around hooking it up, etc.

Originally Posted by bubbatime
I received one as a gift 4 years ago. Its still new in the box.

Since you don't use it, I think you should re-gift it to Hatt
wink.gif

Ha! My Dad bought one about 15 years ago and I made fun of him at the time, said he'd never use it. It's still in the box and I love teasing him about it. I guess I won't win a son of the year award.
lol.gif

Works well with my gas bbq. I usually add hickory or mesquite chunks for flavor.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back