Trico ExactFit wipers

Status
Not open for further replies.
An ice storm destroyed the blades on my Hyundai and I need a new set. OEM refills are available but are pretty expensive for some reason. I didn't care for their performance anyway.

I'm not trying to spend much and just want conventional blades. How are the Trico ExactFits? They claim to have the fit & funtion of OEM blades.

the Rain-x weatherbeater from walmart are good also. Right around the corner and good price.

I prefer them over the bosh.

Last edited:
There is nothing wrong with them
smile.gif

Since you are in an ice storm area, you might consider getting both summer and winter blades (which have a bulbous sheath you can just pop ice off of) and swapping them per season, OR beam style which have fewer nooks and crannies for ice to build up, but no extra space to compress to break ice off like the bulbous winter blades have.

Otherwise, I see the most praise for Bosh Icon. If you're ordering enough to defray shipping costs, Rock Auto has the best prices on most blades. I'd look over what they have available because you might want to go with a cheaper blade if you're turning wipers on while frozen to your windshield, which can wreck any of them so in that case you'd want lower cost and a spare pair in the trunk with you if that happens.

Last edited:
I'd check out the PIAA super silicone blades. Unlike most of the aftermarket blades , you can purchase wiper inserts instead of having to replace the entire blade assembly, at less than half of the cost. The inserts last about 2x longer than the OEM blades too, and wipe just as well. No need for winter blades either here in Michigan. I've used the Bosch Icon, RainX, Trico, and a few others and these have been the best combination of price and performance. Depending on your vehicle, you might need an OEM replacement for the rear since PIAA does not make very small sizes.

Last edited:
have been disappointed with the trico blades marketed under the napa name. not built as simple and as solid as the anco blades napa used to have made for them..i just order anco beams now from rock auto for half the price...

Trico Exact Fit are an excellent choice. They look and fit exactly and are very reasonable on ROCKAUTO. They typically last 6mos to a year.

Originally Posted by danez_yoda
the Rain-x weatherbeater from walmart are good also. Right around the corner and good price.

I prefer them over the bosh.

I have been using Rain-x Latitude for a few years now and wont even consider any other brand inc Bosch, Anco, Trico or anything else. None last as long and they definitely do not fit as well on VW cars.

Trico ExactFit are Trico's basic metal frame blades, for many older models they would be much like or same as OE. I'm currently using the Napa equivalent also called ExactFit on one vehicle, they look identical. They may be made by Trico or come out of the same manufacturing facility, idk. When they go on sale, can be had for $4-5 each. They're ok, basic wiper blade.

I would say if ice and snow is a major consideration, might want to go with a different higher end blade. Ime the metal frame blades seem to retain ice build up more easily and harder to remove.

Trico Exact Fits will work on most cars - especially American-built ones(except for the Asian makes, it seems like Toyota/Honda/Subaru/Hyundai-Kia still source NWB but Tricos will still work).

However, I can be wrong as GM/Ford/FCA are using more Bosch or Valeo-sourced wiper systems. For years, Trico was OEM for those cars. I'd rather buy Trico than Bosch, Chinese Bosch disappoints me. The Belgian stuff was 💯.

Last edited:
Trico exact fit wiper blades are not the same blades they were a few years ago.

Go to Amazon and read the reviews about how they have changed.

RockAuto will give the correct part # but they are still showing the picture of the good old blades

Speaking of Michelin wiper blades, I put their Cyclone line on our Legacy and Ridgeline. I like them alot better than the Rain X Latitudes .They have no been streaky after being put on in the fall of 2017.
Got them at Menards for $10 a blade.

Last edited:
My beef with those Michelin Latitudes and some aftermarket beam blades is that they sit too high off the windshield and cause the wiper arm to be at weird angles. On some cars like older Lexus and Mercedes models, a taller blade does create clearance problems as the wipers tuck in under the hood for aerodynamic reasons.

Originally Posted by nthach
My beef with those Michelin Latitudes and some aftermarket beam blades is that they sit too high off the windshield and cause the wiper arm to be at weird angles. On some cars like older Lexus and Mercedes models, a taller blade does create clearance problems as the wipers tuck in under the hood for aerodynamic reasons.

OP's asked about his 18 Hyundai so I guess not an issue

I went over to AAP to check out the ExactFits and honestly wasn't impressed. I know conventional blades aren't anything special but these looked cheap and bowed out for some reason. I wasn't sure if they'd apply even pressure to the windshield, so I ended up getting Rainx Expert Fits (formerly Weatherbeaters I presume?) from Wally World. They are better constructed and wipe the glass perfectly. I was lucky to grab the last 16'' one; the associate said they've had trouble keeping that size stocked all winter.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back