anyone have experience with RaceChip brand on Mercedes

Status
Not open for further replies.

I have (happily) been placed in charge of company vehicle in E.U. (2012 C180 turbo or Kompressor). I know there are many naysayers on the subject of a good vehicle being altered in such a manner but the RaceChip seems to have some good reviews and the c180 CGI has 156 hp which is enough to get it to 140 mph but it takes a while to get there. The vehicle is maintained by the book and fed a steady diet of 100 octane RON which is the equivalent of around 96 octane in the States(feel free to correct) Was considering the top level smart phone adjustable unit.
The company wants to buy a diesel automatic which bums me out. Slower(136 hp) no clutch and diesel in front end I'm assuming will make front end heavy. Whatever, who am I kidding, 6 speed and more power sounds better to me!
The car only has 90,000k(approx. 56,000 miles).
Thanks. Any input from RaceChip brand experience appreciated.

I haven't heard anything bad about RaceChip; the company is well regarded on the BMW forums.
I believe that chip/piggyback/flash tuning primarily gets a bad rap due to the tuners who push the limits of a particular platform- not to mention home brewed flash tunes. In my case I've never had an issue with chip or flash tunes, but then I have only dealt with reputable tuners who aren't trying to extract maximum horsepower/torque from a specific application.

Not a Mercedes but I installed the mid level one on my daughters '17 Escape 1.5L. Trial and error to get one of the 6 settings to see which runs best....Not difficult at all. Dramatic increase in power across the entire range...Not 2.0L power but good stuff!! Slight increase (1+ mpg) in mileage. Only negative is in a very few circumstances some shifts are not quite as seamless as with chip deactivated...and premium fuel needed for max performance.,,which with a turbo is no surprise anyway. Additional positive is the factory computer settings are not messed with..Chip adds more fuel for the circumstance which the factory computer then adjusts for... again without any re-flash or permanently messing with the factory computer settings. It works....

Thanks for the responses. If I do it I will post the differences using some semi accurate data logging.
19.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back