30k OCI Kia!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm guessing the engine hardly ever idled more than a minute and was used primarily on the highway.
Good thing for that, despite the high metals-counts.

Last edited:
No make-up oil in 30k miles? Just not reported probably. That would save it.
And being a new engine meant the oil filter wouldn't get clogged necessarily.
Highway driving likely here.

Originally Posted by oil_film_movies
No make-up oil in 30k miles? Just not reported probably. That would save it.
And being a new engine meant the oil filter wouldn't get clogged necessarily.
Highway driving likely here.

They only drained out 1-1/2 quarts.
lol.gif

I kid, I kid.

Originally Posted by Quattro Pete
The guy decides to do a UOA after 30k miles and doesn't bother to get a TBN test? Pffft!

My thought exactly..+TAN

"All in all not a terrible report."

I guess it all depends on what the meaning of terrible is.

299ppm of iron?

It would be interesting to see a 30k OCI UOA that wasn't from the factory fill though, as wear metals are usually elevated on the first UOA as it is. (not this high mind you!)

Must not have had an OLM to remind him...

There was a guy on the f150 forums who bought a CPO truck with 36k on it. In his excitement he didn't check the oil, but it was a CPO right? He had some issues and checked the oil but he didn't have oil any more, he had black peanut butter and after looking the truck still had the factory oddball filter on it. Would have loved to see a UOA on that, needless to say he was not as lucky lol.

Probably a Theta engine, making sure the engine is replaced under warranty instead of just outside of warranty

Originally Posted by Terryd91
There was a guy on the f150 forums who bought a CPO truck with 36k on it. In his excitement he didn't check the oil, but it was a CPO right? He had some issues and checked the oil but he didn't have oil any more, he had black peanut butter and after looking the truck still had the factory oddball filter on it. Would have loved to see a UOA on that, needless to say he was not as lucky lol.
wow.... CPO means somebody missed a basic, standard, must-do thing on the checklist. Just like my leased '18 Equinox is supposed to be getting a "multi-point" inspection, yet they likely do nothing.

Toyota actually sends reps out to each dealer randomly to make sure CPO cars are actually "certified". Otherwise, the dealer looses the ability to certify any cars they sell used.

When I worked at the Chevrolet dealership we bought cars at auction then certified certain ones and every once in a while GM came in and checked certification. Had a few that had a wire broke or an oil change that just got done that GM would flag for dealership screwups. Warning first time more serious after that. Nobody wanted to go to 25pt certification class. Every car was to be checked for work done and repairs needed. Boss hated eating oil changes even fired one for unnecessary oil change on certified.

Originally Posted by PimTac
"All in all not a terrible report."

I guess it all depends on what the meaning of terrible is.

299ppm of iron?

I think what they meant is "don't do this, but even we expected way worse!"

Originally Posted by Terryd91
Must not have had an OLM to remind him...

Wow, that one puts the S in CPO

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back