Scotty Kilmer is a fricken Genius !!

Status
Not open for further replies.
This guy is a joke and laughing stock in the automotive community. Don't even bother watching or listening to his advise.

Didn't watch the entire video yet but funny he should start with a "dwell meter", just recently mentioned one in this thread. Though I haven't looked for it recently, similar to SK pretty sure I still have mine in a box storage room in the garage. But, my garage doesn't resemble his.

Edit. Wonder just how much of that stuff he was actually able to toss.

Last edited:
Originally Posted by BobGoblin
This guy hates everything but Toyotas. I watch him but dont agree with him mostly.

I take what he says with a grain of salt . But he CAN be intertwining , and , sometimes informative .

Originally Posted by WyrTwister
Originally Posted by BobGoblin
This guy hates everything but Toyotas. I watch him but dont agree with him mostly.

I take what he says with a grain of salt . But he CAN be intertwining , and , sometimes informative .

+1. He's ok to listen to. I prefer to watch Chrisfix or Eric the car guys stuff.

There are a ton of people poking fun of Scotty on YouTube and he goes along with it. At least he's a good sport about it.

Eric O. at South Main Auto FTW. That guy knows how to diagnose a problem, plus he and his wife are entertaining. A real down to earth guy.

Originally Posted by jhs914

Eric O. at South Main Auto FTW. That guy knows how to diagnose a problem, plus he and his wife are entertaining. A real down to earth guy.

+1 I love what he says about Scotty too, because he's right - he always repeats the same answer for every question.

"Everybody knows those ______ cars are junk and the transmission is going to fail and it's going to be REALLY expensive. Go buy a 20 year old rusty Celica instead and run 20w50 oil in it."

Originally Posted by jeepman3071
Originally Posted by jhs914

+1 I love what he says about Scotty too, because he's right - he always repeats the same answer for every question.

"Everybody knows those ______ cars are junk and the transmission is going to fail and it's going to be REALLY expensive. Go buy a 20 year old rusty Celica instead and run 20w50 oil in it."

+2 for SMA. Excellent channel.

I used to watch Scotty Kilmer for pure entertainment but his videos have lately become more annoying than usual.

The guy is a joke and doesn't know his [censored] from a bucket. What a tool.

I suspect Scotty will buy an EV once his toyota dies. I only say this because just about every Asian make built within the past ten years has a CVT and/or is turbocharged.

In all I think he's basically on point. Today's cars are ever more difficult to diagnose, repair, and have expensive parts.

Diagnosis Dan, thats a good channel to watch for learning how to diagnose difficult faults. He is in Holland I think, but content is presented very well.

Anyone watch Diagnosis Dan on youtube?

Originally Posted by csandste
Originally Posted by Miller88

He makes me uncomfortable. I watch youtube videos to relax. His yelling , wow.

There's a few youtubers that have done really good Scotty parodys.

Example:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IqhkIOMjCW0

YES!!! Thanks for posting. Closer than any SNL parody in the last twenty years.

+2 great parody of Scotty Kilmer.

Amazing parody and video
laugh.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back