Any BITOG members dye their white / gray hair ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not to sound like ZZ man.... but do any BITOG with white / gray hair dye it ?

I see this more often and wonder why some men just keep their normal color. Sometimes it looks like they dyed their hair with Kiwi shoe polish.
smile.gif

I'd never dye my hair once it turns white.

My hair started looking like Paulie Walnuts from the Sopranos the past 5 years. Looks like a skunk!! So i use Control GX shampoo

I don't have any yet or hair loss at 61 (thank God) but if I did I wouldn't bother. You end up looking like some sort of twisted Bela Lugosi.

Originally Posted by Mr Nice
Not to sound like ZZ man.... but do any BITOG with white / gray hair dye it ?

I see this more often and wonder why some men just keep their normal color. Sometimes it looks like they dyed their hair with Kiwi shoe polish.
smile.gif

I'd never dye my hair once it turns white.

I'm with you, nothing looks sadder than fake dark hair on older guys (not a big fan of it on gals, either, just rock what ya got.) Of course I'm blond, so my grey temples aren't super obvious right now. But not much longer till its all silver instead of blond. Facial hair used to be red when I would let it grow in, but its been grey for many years now.

What little I have is gray and very short. I wear a hat most of the time to keep the skin cancer at bay. Dye it? Ha Ha ha

I have had gray hair since I was 16, similar to the Dr Strange look. So I have dyed it. I use a light brown even though I am naturally dark brown. That way its not obvious as it looks like its still starting to gray but not a fake cover up.

My hair turned white when I was 50. I once tried dyeing my hair when I was 32.... once! I said, 'this is absolutely nuts!'

Andy Warhol dyed his hair white when he was 25. He did it so nobody would have to watch him age.

What's left of mine is mostly gray. I've had a guy tell me I should dye my goatee. Maybe if I was single or something. Right now, I just don't care. I'm getting older. I look older. That's how nature works.

Aging is what it is and nature wins in the long run. I'm not going to waste money and time on something like this that will eventually look ridiculous.

I think dyeing looks good if you keep it it's natural color and shade. I used Sun In during the summers back in the day.

Originally Posted by LeakySeals
My hair started looking like Paulie Walnuts from the Sopranos the past 5 years. Looks like a skunk!! So i use Control GX shampoo

I use GX shampoo as well. It gets rid of grey subtly and doesn't look fake like Steven Segal's hair and goatee.

I have the salt-pepper look at 37 and I died it one weekend close to my natural hair colour to see how I would look without the salt/pepper look and I didn't like it.
(Both my grandfathers were white at 45 and one was bald)

It's a good thing because now I have the white whiskers as well, so on the weekends when I don't shave and I'm a bit scruffy you can see it there too.
smirk2.gif

Last edited:
Originally Posted by Blkstanger
What little I have is gray and very short. I wear a hat most of the time to keep the skin cancer at bay. Dye it? Ha Ha ha

I'm in the same boat. Have a family history of skin cancer and at 2200 meters above sea level a hat is a must. I don't care for dying my hair, I'm not about to fight nature, cause she always wins!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back