Kendall GT-1 Max ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Been using 10w30 for 10,000 mile OCI in my Crown Vic for several years now. Excellent stuff, IMO.

My daily commute is 97 miles round trip. It's 90% highway with little traffic and few lights. Driving the same speed, keeping my tires properly inflated, air filter clean, etc, this oil consistently gives me about 4-5% higher MPG than Pennzoil and Valvoline. The car burns less than 2 cups per OCI.

Last edited:
Originally Posted by dave1251
I used the 5W30 in my Ram and Focus good stuff. The best is its 2.99 a quart everyday price here.

$2.99 for the GT-1 Max? WOW!!!!!!!!

Originally Posted by lawnguy
Originally Posted by dave1251
I used the 5W30 in my Ram and Focus good stuff. The best is its 2.99 a quart everyday price here.

$2.99 for the GT-1 Max? WOW!!!!!!!!

Yes no coupons or rebates it's sold at the .99 only store along with Phillips Shield at the same price.

Being said when I recommended two friends use it for their vehicles they looked at me like I have two heads and they have no idea about Kendall.

It's know where to be found in Lakeland,Fl. Online it's expensive

lol.gif

Good News! I found a local distributor in my area where I can buy this oil. A case of 12 is $61.99 and this price includes taxes. Little over $5 a quart. Cool!

Loving how the Kendall GT-1 Max 5W30 has quieted things down noticeably under the hood of my Crosstrek. More so than the Castrol Edge 5W30 I ran previously. Accelerating at all speeds is smoother compared to the 0W20 that dealership used, and the Castrol. I will run the Kendall for seven thousand miles, then I will have a UOA done, Then go from there as far as future OCI's.

Don't know if it's all in my head, but the Kendall "feels lighter" than the Castrol 5W30. Meaning that my car accelerates better and is more responsive, like it was a 0W20 oil.

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

Originally Posted by OVERKILL
Originally Posted by Env1ous
Does any one know what base is used in this oil?

MSDS shows >80% Group III.

Thank you! Trying to get a handle on how to read this stuff lol

Hm, this looks like a possible good choice for my F150 Ecoboost. I am looking now for a thicker 5w-30 with SN+ cert.
I don't see many reviews but the reviews I see are good!

Originally Posted by Env1ous
Hm, this looks like a possible good choice for my F150 Ecoboost. I am looking now for a thicker 5w-30 with SN+ cert.
I don't see many reviews but the reviews I see are good!

If you have a 99 cent only store nearby it's everyday price is 3.49 a quart.

I'm running 5W20 GT-1 Max in my wife's Dodge Journey, and it's doing a fine job. I plan to start using the 5W30 in my '97 Ford F-250HD.

I was running PP 5W20 in the Journey but my price per quart of the GT-1 Max is cheaper than Walmart's price per quart when buying the 5 quart jug of PP.

Both Kendall's and P66's websites have a "Find a Distributor" link on their websites. I found a Kendall Distributor about 15 miles from my house. I buy GT-1 Max from them in 12-1 Qt cases, and the price per quart is very, very reasonable.

I'd buy Kendall Super DXA for my Semi Truck from them, but my P66 Distributor's price per gallon of Phillips 66 Guardol ECT, which is the same oil, is quite a bit cheaper. And they refill my 1 gallon jugs with bulk ECT 15W40 for just a bit over $10.00 per gallon.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back