Light Tree Limb Scuffs

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zee09

$200 Site Donor 2023
What is a good product to fix or hide very light scuff marks on newer paint- a few year old vehicle?
Nothing bad but in perfect light you can see them- surface only.
Thanks!

I tried rubbing compound and quick detail spray when I picked up a branch mark down most of the right side of my car, but finally took it to a detailer to get it taken care of.
I hope somebody here can suggest something I could try myself that would work better...

me too
smile.gif

Depending on how bad the scratches are, I have had decent success with a good cleaner wax that I already had on hand. There is often juuuuust enough aggressive cleaner to remove the finer scratches. Maybe even a 2nd or 3rd application if necessary. If that doesn't take care of the flaws, then you can move to something more aggressive. Without buying more products, I have even used, YES, toothpaste(white, not gel) on a wet clothe. It's a bit more abrasive and washes off cleanly.

Last edited:
If you can't polish the scratches out then your best bet is to use a glaze to hide them. The general rule is if you can feel them with your nail then they are too deep, however polishing usually helps reduce how visible they are.

Keep in mind though, once the glaze wears off (like a wax) the scratches will come back again. It helps to apply the glaze and then use a long lasting sealant on top of that.

Something like this will work, and you can apply it by hand:

https://amzn.to/2Efcxty

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back