What to wear to Pep Boys job interview?

Status
Not open for further replies.
The old rule of thumb is to dress one notch above for the interview than what you would wear to that job. If you would wear a polo shirt at work, then wear a button down shirt for the interview.

Originally Posted by das_peikko
So you guys don't think a suit and tie is over doing it?

...you're in Texas:
-clean clothes, not sweaty
-clean shoes
-slacks
-buttoned casual shirt or polo shirt
-good attitude

Guys, if some don't know, Pep Boys is an auto parts store, with docks with lifts for working on vehicles/tires/etc

Originally Posted by HM12460
Agree with the above. Suit and tie is inappropriate for your purposes. Let us know how it goes for you and good luck!

+1

It depends on the job you're applying for. If it's for a counter guy I'd wear khakis and a polo. If it's management I'd wear a nice button down and slacks. See what the workers wear. I sell electrical supplies. I've always worn jeans and a polo. I got a job at a different supplier and now I have to dress in slacks.

Just make sure whatever you wear is clean and pressed. Shoes and polished etc. It will be the details that you are neat and well kept that may make a difference. Show up early with a great attitude.

Good luck with the interview.

Spend all night rebuilding an engine then go directly to the interview. It will show them you are dedicated to auto repair.

It's a parts store, not the space shuttle!

Wear khakis and a button down shirt, with button collars if you got it. Nothing more.

[Linked Image]

Wear a tux and bring a friend.

i work at a parts store and i wore some random button down shirt and some clean pants. my shoes were (not brand new looking) Vans which is pretty much all I ever wear. Obviously I got the job.

Last edited:
It's been over 20 years since I've worked at an auto parts store - It wasn't the worst job in the world.

It's too bad they are never willing to pay for knowledge or skill. If you have any intelligence at all, you'll be the smartest guy working in there.

Been a long time since I've been to a job interview. One of the recommendations I recall is to do some research on the company, how many stores they have, stuff like that. Also, I'd go there today and walk up and down all the aisles, maybe buy a quart of oil just to get a feel for the place. Might be a waste of time but you never know when having some familiarity with their business might pay off in an interview. Good luck.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back