2013 wrangler 3.6 recommendations

Status
Not open for further replies.
I recently purchased a 2013 Jeep Wrangler with the 3.6. What do you guys recommend to run for oil and filter. I've had good luck with Fran ultras in the past for filters but I know some vehicles require specific anti drain back pressures and such. And sometimes some oil filters don't meet that.

Originally Posted by 02s4audi
I recently purchased a 2013 Jeep Wrangler with the 3.6. What do you guys recommend to run for oil and filter. I've had good luck with Fran ultras in the past for filters but I know some vehicles require specific anti drain back pressures and such. And sometimes some oil filters don't meet that.

+1 on the Fram Ultra. I have the Caravan with the same motor. Make sure that oil filter housing isn't cracking. There were recalls for it. I'm using the Ultra for 2 OCI.

https://dodgeforum.com/forum/jeeps/374968-serious-oil-leak-issue-2014-3-6l-3-2l-pentastar.html

https://www.bobistheoilguy.com/forums/ubbthreads.php/topics/3460431/3.6L_pentastar_set-up

That's a cartridge oil filter. Make sure you get the correct one. They made some changes of the oil filter in 2013.
I own a 2012 JKU Wrangler with 98,000 miles on it. Runs great and uses no oil. It has had a steady diet of 5w30 Pennzoil Platinum and Wix filters.

I've been using Pennzoil Platinum in my 3.6's, and I use Fram Ultra filters. Thinking I'm going to switch over to M1-EP though.

Make sure you get the right filter though like stated above. The older ones don't have the nub in the end

A64D57B9-7B2D-4C54-B667-844A81AAB95D.jpeg

210F4A8C-09A5-4C3D-B2D3-A38DA542AB11.jpeg

PU 5W30 and a Fram Ultra is what I use in my 2016 Wrangler. As mentioned just be sure to get the right filter for your application. I torque my filter housing cap to 12 foot lbs. to play it safe.

Any quality oil (conventional , syn or blend) of your personal choice and quality filter is fine with that engine. You'll get every combination under the sun recommended here, mostly because there are just so many good choices for oil and filters nowadays. What is more important is changing the oil and filter based on your actual driving conditions.

The PentaStars's aren't picky and just want an SN GF-5 oil. My dad's has seen conventional its whole life and has over 180K miles (300K KM) on it now. I'm running synthetic is mine and it's buttery smooth. I'd opt for synthetic if you are beating on it. (Preference)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back