RockAuto Injectors - Return / Weird

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted by StevieC
14 Wrangler but he has high mileage at 209,000 (130K miles). My dad's PentaStar is still on its original injectors although it does stumble occasionally.

I would have chose the MOPAR 5184085AD at RockAuto.

Originally Posted by StevieC
Originally Posted by slacktide_bitog
They have Mopar injectors on Rock Auto, but they are expensive, and if you look at the stock images provided by Chrysler, the picture is blurry
crazy2.gif

Get Mopar or BOsch

They are SMP just with the Chrysler logo on them and they cost more, we saw this when we pulled his other ones.
SMP made all sorts of sensors on my Journey so they do provide to ChryCo.

Look on the old injector body, does it have the number 0 280 158 233 on it? No need to send them back this is a common everyday problem with lots of injectors.

Thanks for the info Trav, I already have his vehicle back together but maybe when another one fails we can look at it.

The sticking happens because of quality control using OSHA and EPA approved testing fluids, after sitting on the shelf a while some tend to stick more than others.
The OE on that vehicle AFAIK are Bosch, Chrysler used to use a lot of Siemens/Deka ball injectors which tended to be very problematic.
The SMP for this application are unmarked Bosch so yes OE without the star. The way to unstick them is to fire them with a tester (the one from OTC works great) and just tap the metal end on the side lightly with a small nylon hammer, most of the time they will start firing. No need to hit it hard just very light.

If not put them in a small plastic container overnight with simple green, you can keep the plug out but it doesn't matter, there is a large rubber seal behind the terminals and the SG will not corrode the terminals. It will remove the testing fluid residue and they will fire. Once they have fuel in them it will not be issue.
Wash them off with water and blow dry them with compressed air then test them, if they all fire install. I never had a new one that did not work after either of these solutions was used.

I have 6 brand new OE GM injectors here right now that 4 were stuck, the SG trick got them up and running no problem, it will not harm the injectors in any way, I got this trick right from a manufactures engineer. It doesn't matter where you source them from it can and does happen depending on how long its been sitting, some models never seem to stick.

This is the only tool I buy often from HF. For this sort of work and installing filters its the best deal out there.

https://www.harborfreight.com/hand-tools/hammers/double-sided-mallet-with-wooden-handle-98285.html

Edit: Only simple green, nothing else. Some of the others will corrode the terminals.

Last edited:
I have seen both Bosch and SMP on various Chrysler vehicles for injectors. You are correct it's usually Bosch though. Thanks for the information provided above, I will keep that on file. Perhaps the 4 of the 6 injectors had been sitting on the shelf some time and well stuck together.

Simple green not diluted?

Last edited:
No, just use it straight, the stuff is really harmless but does a good job. Any Injector that starts with an 0280 number is a Bosch. SMP is usually good stuff and good injectors, they don't manufacture any injectors themselves AFAIK so they get them from OE suppliers. Intermotor and BW does this a lot also with PCV and sensors.
I have bought some injectors direct from manufacturers with SMP and OE numbers for quite a few car companies inc Ford. Some of those were sticking too, they were about a year out of the production date. No problem they came right back.

Originally Posted by Chris142
Originally Posted by das_peikko
What other brands does RockAuto have to offer for that application?
I'm thinking Standard Motor Products would not have been my first choice.

Standard is usually good.

They were...but I think they are Chinesium now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back