Does this hose need to be connected to my air filter?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was just checking the oil level on my Sienna, when I noticed something that I hadn't before--a small hose leading into or out from the air filter, was not pressed onto a tube that sticks out from the air filter. I looked online and saw that other Sienna 3.3L engines had this connected.

Does this need to be connected, or should it be?

AirFilter.jpg

I see from a diagram that this hose is connected the air control valve (below the air filter).

Yes it goes there. You're getting unfiltered air down to that solenoid which would prefer filtered, and a small amount into your air intake as well. It won't run any different but it's sub-optimal.

A zip-tie or cutting that hose 1/2 inch shorter will help it stick better. Probably got shook loose when someone checked/ changed the air filter.

OK thanks, I'll go ahead and put it back then. I changed the AF 2-3 months ago, that's probably how it got loose.

Originally Posted by eljefino
Yes it goes there. You're getting unfiltered air down to that solenoid which would prefer filtered, and a small amount into your air intake as well. It won't run any different but it's sub-optimal.

A zip-tie or cutting that hose 1/2 inch shorter will help it stick better. Probably got shook loose when someone checked/ changed the air filter.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back