[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

The sparkles are from the flash on oil, not metal.

I will dry the element out and UOA is in the mail.

Hey Robert which vehicle did this filter run on??

Looks perfect by the way... Great pictures as always. I need to send you my filters to be cut open.. got several now.

Y'all are welcome of course...

Bradley, glad to do the filters for you (PM me)... This filter was on the 3.7TiVTC in a T150 based vehicle.

I have to ask-why the 5K OCI? On our T250s, the leasing company has pushed them out to 7500 miles, the OLM on mine has been making it to 10K pretty consistently (because the dealership guys forget to reset the OLM). Doesn't seem to hurt anything (although the '18 Transit 250 I have now doesn't quite make it to 7500 without needing a quart).

Originally Posted by FordBroncoVWJeta
Those are some BEAUTIFUL louvers!

Those are ... however, I have looked at various Motorcraft filters at the store and not all of them have louvers formed that well. YMMV.

Good C&P DuckRyder, as usual.

They are aren't they... it may not be totally obvious from the picture but they are huge compared to what we are used to seeing.

Originally Posted by bullwinkle
I have to ask-why the 5K OCI? On our T250s, the leasing company has pushed them out to 7500 miles, the OLM on mine has been making it to 10K pretty consistently (because the dealership guys forget to reset the OLM). Doesn't seem to hurt anything (although the '18 Transit 250 I have now doesn't quite make it to 7500 without needing a quart).

Short answer - because that is what the one that paid for the truck says to do, though I hear there may be a change afoot.

This thing does not have a OLM as such, you could obtain oil life percentage from SYNC for a time, but it appeared to be a simply based on a mileage counter...

This one doesn't seem to use oil...

Originally Posted by WellOiled
DuckRyder - This is a really well done C&P.

The filter looks great and got the job done.

Thanks for the C&P.

Thank You, and you are welcome...

Originally Posted by ZeeOSix

Those are ... however, I have looked at various Motorcraft filters at the store and not all of them have louvers formed that well. YMMV.

Good C&P DuckRyder, as usual.

Thank you.

Last edited:
Originally Posted by 53' Stude
Robert: thank you for the c&p. Great work as usual as I'd expect nothing less from you
wink.gif

Your welcome of course Adam and thank you.

Tripped over this thing in the garage, forgot to wrap it up to dry out, better do that...

Originally Posted by tig1
Here are pics of a MC filter with louvers having water run through it.

https://www.bobistheoilguy.com/forums/ubbthreads.php/topics/4354960#Post4354960

Yep, those louvers are also formed well, so no surprises.

Try flowing water through louvers like these below and compare flow rates.

What's bad about nearly closed off louvers is that it can cause excessive delta-p across the filter, which in turn might cause the bypass valve to run open most of the time. Not a good way to run an oil filter.

Purolator BOSS - Bad Louvers.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back