2012 Infinity G25 Pro & Con?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Looking at 2012 Infinity G25 with 2.5L V6, 7 speed auto transmission, with 64K miles. How does these hold up mechanically?

Mechanically I'm sure it will be fine, but why a G25? They only sold them for two years and they're way down on power, not to mention cheaper equipped than a G35.

Can't you find the big one for the same money? I can't imagine places price a G25 that much lower.

That's the only VQ25 ever sold in North America. Anything specific to that engine will be very hard to find. G35/37 would be easier to find for sale, easier to service, I would think, and probably not much more expensive. The exhausts rust badly on these (from the inside, so even in NC) and they have the typical Nissan quality issues with minor electrics (sensors, etc.). Overall, decently solid I would say, and a solid driver.

If it's an x, make sure the tires all match in type and tread depth.

I'd gamble if it was a pristine, well-documented, fastidious person-owned vehicle that, aside from the type of car and equipment, seems like an unbeatable deal. Otherwise, I'd look for a 35/37.

As said why? What is the price they are asking?

Look for a G37. More common motor and prices have come down a lot lately.

Thanks all for feedback. They were asking $11500....I didn't try to deal before finding out more about that type car. Does not seem like anything I need. Went there looking at Kia Soul and got off track.
smile.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back