Maxx Oil ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

DR1

Does this full synthetic oil stand shoulder to shoulder regarding the additive package as Amsoil,Redline,and Royal Purple HPS?

maxx-oil.com

I'm currently using Pennzoil Ultra Plat.,and I wish it had a good amount of Titanium in it,but it doesn't have any.

Last edited:
Originally Posted by lawnguy
I'm currently using Pennzoil Ultra Plat.,and I wish it had a good amount of Titanium in it,but it doesn't have any.

Why do you wish it had a good amount of titanium???

Originally Posted by Imp4

provides extra protection against engine wear.
Excellent resistance to viscosity and thermal breakdown at high temperatures.
Protects against rust and bearing corrosion.

Last edited:
When i looked at the 5w30 it didn't show nissan as one of the rec. vehicles for this motor oil. I have a nissan titan.

I wish someone would send this oil in for a VOA. It intrigues me, but I can't find any actual testing of it anywhere.

Things like AmazonBasics and Supertech show us that you can sell a quality synthetic oil for that sort of price, and IIRC Maxx Oil is Malay, which might allow them to shave a few more pennies in cost. Shell also has a major GTL refinery there, which could be a source of base stocks for them. I wouldn't run it myself until I had seen some testing to confirm if it was good, but I don't think we should entirely discount it based off it's price or nation of origin.

No it doesn't.

https://www.science20.com/news_releases/titanium_a_greener_antiwear_additive_for_engine_oil

Titanium is a substitute for ZDDP, allowing it to be used at lower levels for emissions equipment friendliness. It's an anti-wear additive, just like ZDDP, and has no impact on viscosity breakdown or thermal breakdown, both of which sound like they were plucked straight from Castrol's advertising material.

Originally Posted by OVERKILL

No it doesn't.

https://www.science20.com/news_releases/titanium_a_greener_antiwear_additive_for_engine_oil

Titanium is a substitute for ZDDP, allowing it to be used at lower levels for emissions equipment friendliness. It's an anti-wear additive, just like ZDDP, and has no impact on viscosity breakdown or thermal breakdown, both of which sound like they were plucked straight from Castrol's advertising material.

Titanium is a newer, more environmentally friendly anti-wear additive being implemented due to more stringent emissions regulations, and is phasing out the older, more harmful phosphorous compounds such as ZDDP (Zinc dialkyldithiophosphate). ZDDP reduces the effectiveness of the catalysts in catalytic converters by creating a plating effect when combusted, and covering the catalyst while Titanium does not. Titanium chemically binds to wear surfaces creating a hard, Titanium based oxide layer which reduces friction, thereby reducing wear. Concentration levels vary greatly depending on oil brand.

Titanium is a newer, more environmentally friendly anti-wear additive being implemented due to more stringent emissions regulations, and is phasing out the older, more harmful phosphorous compounds such as ZDDP (Zinc dialkyldithiophosphate). ZDDP reduces the effectiveness of the catalysts in catalytic converters by creating a plating effect when combusted, and covering the catalyst while Titanium does not. Titanium chemically binds to wear surfaces creating a hard, Titanium based oxide layer which reduces friction, thereby reducing wear. Concentration levels vary greatly depending on oil brand.

I'm not sure why you found it necessary to quote Blackstone (uncredited) in response to my post, which stated essentially the same thing
21.gif
It doesn't show you understand the point I was making with respect to the claims you posted, ascribing properties to Titanium that were likely made originally in describing a lubricant (likely Syntec).

I'm not sure why you found it necessary to quote Blackstone (uncredited) in response to my post, which stated essentially the same thing
21.gif
It doesn't show you understand the point I was making with respect to the claims you posted, ascribing properties to Titanium that were likely made originally in describing a lubricant (likely Syntec).

My intentions where not to disrespect you. I'm def. not an expert. Just interested in learning facts,and that's why I'm here.

Last edited:

21.gif

My intentions where not to disrespect you. I'm def. not an expert. Just interested in learning facts,and that's why I'm here.

No disrespect taken, I just thought the uncredited quote without any context an unusual reply.

For the most part, ignoring the marketing lingo (which is what I was responding to originally) and asking some pointed questions regarding things you'd like clarity on would further the discussion
smile.gif

I looked at the website you linked in the OP, the lack of product data sheets does not instil confidence, as both Redline and Amsoil provide those, as do all the majors.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back