How do you dispose of used oil?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I take it to Autozone, Advance, or the barrels at our local transfer stations. Just depends on where and which way I'm heading.

My new plan is to use a Topsider oil extractor through the dipstick and cap the 8 quart container and take it to Pep Boys.

Before I retired , I used to just bring it to work and dump it in the used motor oil drum . Now I let somebody else change it . As for the mowers , I pour it in 5 gallon buckets and bring it to Auto Zone .

I pour it in my old Mobil 1 5-quart jugs, and drive it across the road to O-Reilly. I lug it to the front of the store, and observe the "Tank Full" sign taped to the door. I re-load it in the car, and drive back across the road to Auto Zone. I lug i to the front of the store, and observe the "Tank Full" sign taped to the door. I re-load it in the car, and drive 3 miles down the road to the other local O-Reilly, lug it in the store, and and pour it in their tank.

Pour it into an empty oil or washer-fluid jug and take it back to a Canadian Tire auto center (usually where I buy oil from).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back