Serpentine Belt Tool

Status
Not open for further replies.
I want to get a serpentine belt tool for my very own. Any recommendations?

I have a HF one but never used it. Pipe on the end of a breaker bar works just fine.

Originally Posted by Leo99
I have a HF one but never used it. Pipe on the end of a breaker bar works just fine.

Yes, it worked flawlessly on TSX last time.

Removing a belt is easy and can be done using a pipe on a breaker bar, but putting it back was being a pain and that's where HF tool worked like a charm
smile.gif

Originally Posted by Leo99

I've got the HF one too. Works fine. It's been a few years since I bought it, but I'm sure it was cheap, too.

Originally Posted by Trav
I never owned one (never really needed it) but when this one came up on amazon for $28 over Christmas I grabbed it. It is not bad quality but its not Snap on either.

https://www.amazon.com/GearWrench-3...;keywords=serpentine+belt+tool&psc=1

I got the same deal on the same kit the week of cyber monday on amazon! I used it on my 08 civic si and the ratcheting function worked great. I tried using my $15 one but there was just not enough room

to get the tensioner all the way unloaded.

I used the loaner tool one from advance auto parts, it worked great, was free and I don't have to store it.

I have the Powerbuilt version which is the same as the 8 mile Lake version. It's longer and totally easy to use. It is also useful to attach any 3/8 socket such as a Torx 50 to break the bolt on an idler pulley for some models of cars. It fits where normal tools are too thick. A must have in my opinion.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back