No start

Status
Not open for further replies.
Have aliens blower model 921030 deluxe 28 i think its a 2016 will not start at times cranks had plug wire off with screw driver in it no fire at all happened last week could not get to go son in law can home on weekend and started right up for him i tried to start today would not start does this model have a low oil level sensor if so could this be the problem

Welcome !!

Do you use fuel with ethanol?
Could be a gummed up carb.
I've been using Shell premium with no ethanol for a few years now and have gone to zero starting issues. Before it was cross your fingers.
Also, I will heat up the spark plug tip with a bbq lighter, while its on the socket, reinstall quickly, and attach the wire, prime it, make sure choke is on full, ad crank it.
It helps in the starting dept.

No spark right? Is the oil switch 1 wire if so remove the wire and see if there is spark.

Yes its been running all winter a lot lol it hit and miss on starting i tried early no start no spark went to town came back and it fired right up its getting gas it comes out exhaust if you crank a lot Danno was asking if it had low oil level sensor not sure if it does looked around did not see a sensor where it be if it has one?

Last edited:
Originally Posted by Roughneck777
Yes its been running all winter a lot lol it hit and miss on starting i tried early no start no spark went to town came back and it fired right up its getting gas it comes out exhaust if you crank a lot

Something is wrong in your carburetor...most probably it is gummed somehow...and you are flooding your engine...thats why it starts after a while...because extra fuel evaporates...

Yeah that's why I was asking if it had been sitting full of gas at some point. Unleaded gas doesn't last very long in the can or in the tank without gumming stuff up. You can clean up the carburetor that will help and you can also use gumout multi-system tune-up. It's part seafoam part Techron so it's the perfect additive for a snowblower. Helps with water dispersal and cleans out the carburetor. I run multi-system tune-up full time in the gas. It's worth a try maybe it will clean up after a while. That's what happened to me. Same as yours. Trouble starting and then other times it would start fine.

I would suspect the spark plug. I believe that model has the china made honda clone. Those are notorious for the cheap off brand spark plugs causing issues. Get a NGK spark plug for it first, before you mess with anything else.
If that doesnt take care of it, then look at the low oil switch, and carburetor for possible issues.

Last edited:
Update tried to start today no start checked fire at PLUG WIRE no spark did so checks on key switch found switch defective unplugged unit fires up every time plug switch in no start thanks for all your comments ps changed oil full of fuel

Originally Posted by Roughneck777
Update tried to start today no start checked fire at PLUG WIRE no spark did so checks on key switch found switch defective unplugged unit fires up every time plug switch in no start thanks for all your comments ps changed oil full of fuel

Use the fuel shut off and run the carb dry for now. The needle is probably sticking. New carbs are inexpensive on eBay.

Since your oil is full of fuel, your needle and seat is not working properly which is dumping fuel into the engine. You can either rebuild the carburetor to fix, or cut the fuel line and put a fuel shutoff switch in it (if it doesn't already have one)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back