Snowblower oil pick-up question

Status
Not open for further replies.
As I was using my snowblower last week it occurred to me that the (Powermore 208cc OHV) is likely splash-lubed (or maybe not?). How does the engine get oil to the top end when working on inclined surfaces or tipping the snowblower while working with it? It would seem that on inclines, the oil would move away from the crank and whatever it is that splashes it around, leaving some areas of the engine not lubed for awhile. If this engine is has pressurized lubrication, does it have multiple pickups? Does running on an incline for extended periods hurt the engine?--Rob

It's splash lube and there's an oil mist everywhere in there.

Those engines are used on go-karts that see serious G's. I wouldn't worry.

If you have a low oil shut down this could get triggered in serious shenanigans but it'll start right back up on level ground.

Originally Posted by eljefino
It's splash lube and there's an oil mist everywhere in there.

Those engines are used on go-karts that see serious G's. I wouldn't worry.

If you have a low oil shut down this could get triggered in serious shenanigans but it'll start right back up on level ground.

Thanks for the quick reply!

Agree with above post. There is a dipper on the bottom of the connecting rod that picks up some oil and slings it. At 3600 rpm, the oil is being slung so rapidly there is a mist of oil everywhere.
Extreme angles for a period of time could be an issue, but just going up a typical hill, or picking up the front of the blower for a short time will not cause any issues.

Does anyone know where (online) that I can see an exploded diagram of the Powermore engines?--I'd like to see what the innards look like. I've Googled it a few different ways and I come up dry.

Originally Posted by Robster
Does anyone know where (online) that I can see an exploded diagram of the Powermore engines?--I'd like to see what the innards look like. I've Googled it a few different ways and I come up dry.
I googled it and it came up right away. Many many many many many results.

Maybe you should try again...🤔🤔
21.gif

Maybe you should try the search here.

I have the Powermore 179cc engine in my snowblower. My driveway is a fairly steep hill with ruts. I run it up and down as well as sideways on the hill. Haven't had any problems, The engine actually runs really good and I barely use any oil between my two to three year oil changes. I've been using Rotella T 10W-30, the conventional HDEO oil version. The snowblower is stored in a semi-heated garage so the 10W-30 oil is fine for me.

Whimsey

Originally Posted by Imp4
Originally Posted by Robster
I googled it and it came up right away. Many many many many many results.

Maybe you should try again...🤔🤔
21.gif

Maybe you should try the search here.

That's really strange. . .I tried running that search for about 10 minutes and gave up--I'm pretty computer literate and usually don't have issues like that. Anyway, thanks for the help. --Rob

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back