Remembering Steve Irwin

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have always liked Steve Irwin who was born today in 1962 and passed away on September 4, 2006. Google made a doodle on the home page today celebrating him, which was pretty cool. He had some crazy adventures, but was always very passionate about animals and why we need to protect them.

A funny clip of him handling a small python and talking about how it will not bite, to which the python does the opposite, but he never flinches and apologizes at the end. Miss you Steve:

His two kids are carrying on his legacy ... those kids seem so great to me. It's a joy to see how enthusiastic they are about for the good of animals.

An amazing character who did a lot of good things in his time. Glad Bindi, Bob and Terri are carrying on his legacy.

Crikey! He's my favorite celebrity of all time.

Originally Posted by ZeeOSix
His two kids are carrying on his legacy ... those kids seem so great to me. It's a joy to see how enthusiastic they are about for the good of animals.

Those kids are trying to imitate their father, they should be themselves and go on from there. There was only one Steve Irwin RIP.

His wife Terri has done a great job at managing the business.

Remember when he took some grief when he was carrying baby Bindi (I think) around in the croc pen? He was so exuberant and over the top about the animals, my favorite show back then hands down.

Still PO'd at him for dying so early.

Yeah, I thought it was a show Aussie managed to fob off on NZ, but it was pretty popular. My daughters were teenagers and loved it...they'd go around finding something mundane and do a Steve Irwin impression finding it....sneaking up on a bucket...''Crickey, check this out !''

Originally Posted by hpb
Wow, didn't realise he was so well known overseas.

Yeah, he was very well known in the USA. I think well liked by most.

He was stabbed hundreds of times by a stingray. One of the barbs pierced his heart as he was filming for a show.

I liked him, respected him, and enjoyed the show, but thought he was too flamboyant. He made the ultimate mistake of forgetting that wildlife is unpredictable and it resulted in a very sad situation. Not unlike a police officer lowering his guard on his five-hundredth traffic stop and getting gunned down. I am concerned and certainly capable of making a similar mistake (complacency) in my occupation. I attempt to maintain a certain level of fear.

Irwin: "I have no fear of losing my life - if I have to save a koala or a crocodile or a kangaroo or a snake, mate, I will save it."

We used to love watching him. Their new show is good as well. It's great to see the wife and kids carrying on his legacy. I'd love to go to the Australia Zoo one day.

Originally Posted by hpb
Wow, didn't realise he was so well known overseas.

Yeah to break the tension of being port and starboard watches months on end we would do the crocodile hunter impressions. He was beloved here in the States.

Originally Posted by kkreit01
I'd love to go to the Australia Zoo one day.

I've been a couple of times and think it's awesome
smile.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back