Lady Luck

Status
Not open for further replies.
BERGEN COUNTY, N.J. — A furloughed park ranger from New Jersey was rewarded with a $29.5 million lottery jackpot for weathering the storm that was the country's longest government shutdown.

Judith Smith, a ranger with the National Park Service at Fort Wadsworth in Staten Island, New York, and her two children are the winners of the Dec. 17, 2018, Pick-6 Jackpot, the largest Pick-6 jackpot in over 10 years, the New Jersey Lottery Commission, said in a statement.

Good for her,,no more working for her...................

Originally Posted by Danno
So by inference, there should be more gov't shutdowns, as shutdowns increase the luck of gov't employees.

sounds good to me,lool

Good for her... Too bad she isn't Canadian the money would be tax free.
grin2.gif

Originally Posted by dave1251
Everything happens for a reason. Hoping nothing but the best for her and her family.

Einstein was have known to said that god doesn't play dice with the universe. But he was referring to the randomness of quantum mechanics which he didn't believe was complete and was bothered by Heisenberg's uncertainly principle. But with Bell's inequality, it's clear that quantum mechanics is real and it's random and there can be no reason to it. It's so random that they are starting to use quantum entanglement for data encryption as the quantum bits are random and can't be duplicated or copied or intercepted without the other party knowing.

I'm wondering if the unclaimed $1.5 billion S.C. lottery ticket might be stuck to the bottom of a Swanson frozen TV dinner in a freezer somewhere in S.C. Lady Luck can sometimes be a !!!!!

Originally Posted by gman2304
I'm wondering if the unclaimed $1.5 billion S.C. lottery ticket might be stuck to the bottom of a Swanson frozen TV dinner in a freezer somewhere in S.C. Lady Luck can sometimes be a !!!!!

Then the money goes back to the states where the tickets for that jackpot was bought. So then it's lucky for the states.

Originally Posted by StevieC
grin2.gif

... But the $29.5 million wouldn't go quite as far with the value of our dollar, the higher prices of, well, *everything* here plus HST.
smile.gif

Originally Posted by dave1251
Everything happens for a reason. Hoping nothing but the best for her and her family.

no....everything does not happen for a reason....it just happens.

Originally Posted by StevieC
grin2.gif

I was thinking the same thing...but substitute "Canadian" with "Australian".
smile.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back