How do you prefer your vehicle seats?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted by ZZman
Originally Posted by Virtus_Probi
Being a middle aged man, some kind of integrated urinal function would be fantastic for long trips...at least when I'm driving alone.
;^)

I guess the old pop bottle trick may not be practical or as easy anymore....lol

LOL "long haul" 44 oz. Big Gulp cup.

Bucket seats, don't want tight seats that hug you but I don't want to feel like I'm sitting on a kitchen table seat like the 2011+ Durango seats. Can't be too stiff but I don't want to sink into them either.

My 300 has by far the most comfortable seats I've ever sat in for any length of time in a car.

26579761-E94A-452A-ABF7-65146FE42F01.jpeg

Of course my Volvo seats get no complaints. Bench seats are crazy, sliding from side to side in corners, but not so bad as a young fella - 2 people in the drivers seat...of the opposite sex. A couple of my Mitsubishis were right up there, the 1990 Diamante was full leather with fold down arm rests, the 1990 Pajero also leather with arm rests, and adjustable suspension too. both really comfy cars.

Originally Posted by Skippy722
My 300 has by far the most comfortable seats I've ever sat in for any length of time in a car.
They look a bit similar to my Charger seats. Probably the same underlying frame, maybe with a bit more bolstering. They are nice, but a bit big for me. An average American should fit in just fine though.

[Linked Image]

Originally Posted by Quattro Pete
Originally Posted by Skippy722
They look a bit similar to my Charger seats. Probably the same underlying frame, maybe with a bit more bolstering. They are nice, but a bit big for me. An average American should fit in just fine though.

[Linked Image]

My brothers Daytona seats really hug you, borderline claustrophobic to me but he's 6' and 140lbs soaking wet. I've got about 100lbs and 2" on him

The seats in my A4, non-sport style, have just enough bolster to keep me in place but not hard to get in and out of. The seats are a bit on the firm side but I like the firmness as I'm 6' 3" and 255 so I settle in fine.

20190222_181648.jpg

The seats in my base model 2015 Sonata SE are really comfortable. It's why I bought the car. My coworker has a 15' or so Maxima and he just rode in my car the other day and said my Sonata is way roomier inside than his Maxima.

The seats are all around good, not too soft, not too stiff, not too much bolster, and best of all, they scoot back really far.

Found this picture on Google. I forgot what they look like, I've got seat covers on them.

[Linked Image]

Originally Posted by 01rangerxl
I like buckets with a good console/armrest or good 60/40 truck bench seat with armrest console.

+1,with the column shifter.

Buckets all the way...bench seats, while handy if you need to put 3 people in the front, are hopeless if you're actually wanting to drive the car through some corners.

Originally Posted by Silk
Bench seats are crazy, sliding from side to side in corners,

That's what seat belts are for.
I bet crash injuries would go down in sporty cars if they had bench seats in them instead of buckets. Because everyone who wants to not slide around in their seat while taking corners fast would realize they can only do so by wearing their seat belt.

I usually like roomier split-bench over buckets. Which is why I usually dislike most seats in newer vehicles.
It wouldn't be as bad if they didn't put the giant middle console wall between the driver and passenger.
I don't know how car makers expect drivers to put their arm around their ladyfriend with bucket seats and a big middle console in the way.

And I'll take cloth over leather. Leather is hot in the summer, cold in the winter. The only times I think heated seats are worth the bother in winter are when sitting on leather.

I remember 6 passenger cars with front bench seats. Of course this was back when it had a seat belt buzzer, my dad would just buckle and sit on top of the belt, and my mom had me sit on her lap.

Originally Posted by RamFan
Depends on the vehicle, but I typically prefer bucket seats like below
[Linked Image]

Exception being in a truck, for some reason I just like a cushy bench seat with center armrest that lifts for a third person or...activities...

Activities....
lol.gif

Just be careful with those "activities" ...

I prefer the bench seat in my F150. Column shift, so no obstructions for "activities"...
lol.gif
thumbsup2.gif
Fold down armrest would be nice, but I deal without.

My Focus gets a bit tight for me; with 14-wide boots and generous sizing (6 foot, 260 lbs) I generally can't have a soda pop in the driver's side cup holder account my leg wants to be there.

Not too concerned about cloth or leather, as I usually put a cover on it anyways.

At a minimum comfort level that is above the chair provided at my place of employment, in which Im sitting in now adjusting again.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back