Kohler oil filter alternative FL910s maybe?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have a Kohler 7000 Series PRO w/ SmartChoke on a Hustler Raptor SD 60' ZTR mower. , not really interested in spending 12 bucks on a Kohler filter. Can someone help me with a part number as an alternative I can find at walmart? I have also heard the Motorcraft Fl910s will work, if this is true I have some of those already for one of my vehicles. thanks in advance!

I use Wix 51348 on mine, which crosses to Motorcraft FL910S, Purolator 10241, and Fram PH3614, TG3614, XG3614.

My mower has one season on it. I did a factory dump and fill at about 15 hours. Second dump and fill at 50. I think I will do a complete oil and filter in March and use the Motorcraft filter I already have, thanks! BTW, has your Kohler been reliable or any issues I need to keep an eye on besides fuel, I use non ethanol only. Being in florida I even use it monthly during the winter months, weekly during the heavy growth season.

Remember if you have a courage motor, the oil filter must be prefilled. It is not a bypass filter like the other motors, the courage has full pressure lube. If the filter is empty then there is no lube until the tiny oil pump gets it filled. No drain back valve make filling from the outside easier.

Here's an idea. If you have the 910s in your possession, spin one on and if the gasket lines up and the thread is tight, you're golden.

I just use a SuperTech ST3614 on just about all OPE - - - except my big Honda V-twin which has 20mm threads.

Regarding fram....
Per fram website both tg3614 & xg3614
Both Sport 99% 20 micron filter efficiency
Documentation Links are enclosed.

The latter's primary value is to those
Striving for exoticly long oil change intervals.

If "normal" change intervals best descibe you then no obvious tangible benefit is to be realized by xg####/ultra.

For what its worth I use tg3614 on my kohler 7000 series kt740

https://www.fram.com/products/consumer-products/oil-filters/fram-tough-guardsup-sup-oil-filter/
$6.82@walmart

https://www.fram.com/products/consumer-products/oil-filters/fram-ultra-synthetic-oil-filter/
$9.42@walmart

Originally Posted by Linctex
I just use a SuperTech ST3614 on just about all OPE - - - except my big Honda V-twin which has 20mm threads.

I bought this same one Sunday for under three bucks. Had to pound a screwdriver through the original it was on so tight.

Originally Posted by drtyler
I use Wix 51348 on mine, which crosses to Motorcraft FL910S, Purolator 10241, and Fram PH3614, TG3614, XG3614.

+1
this also confirms my findings for my Ride mower
Thx

I use the 910s on all my B&S engines and also on my Kaw powered zero turn. Don't have a Kohler but if the gasket matches up
to the base it should work. Like posted above if you have one try it.

I've cut open several used Kohler and B&S oil filters. None of them were impressive for the price. My favorite is the Napa 21348, the ProSelect version of the Gold 1348. The 21348 is $3.56 at my local Napa which I drive by on my way home from work. I've used these on hundreds of small engines I've serviced for customers and the filters I've cut open all looked great.

I have been using the MC 910 for several years on my Craftsman rider. Always looks great.
[Linked Image]

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back