Post milestone or just plain fun odometer pics!

Originally Posted by Delta
Wait, what happened to the EcoDiesel?

Winter.

My wife got PO'd at the lack of heat (even when it was plugged in) and the frequent regens that the cold brought with it. It's unfortunate as during the warmer months it was amazing. It had just under 17,000Km on it.

Originally Posted by OVERKILL
Originally Posted by Delta
Wait, what happened to the EcoDiesel?

Winter.

My wife got PO'd at the lack of heat (even when it was plugged in) and the frequent regens that the cold brought with it. It's unfortunate as during the warmer months it was amazing. It had just under 17,000Km on it.

Hmm, makes sense. Happy wife, happy life...

Originally Posted by Quattro Pete
Originally Posted by OVERKILL
230Km

Is this an actual analog odo, or a digital one that looks like analog?

Digital that looks like analog.

OVERKILL: I take it the RAM "sport" means HEMI
grin2.gif

Originally Posted by caprice_2nv
Can't quite see the odometer, but you can see how much snow blew in when I was trying to quickly sneak in and start the car to clear the windows while getting ready for work. And my heated seat plugged into the cigarette lighter (best Christmas present ever).

That's a peculiar picture in my view. It's not because I've never seen a cold interior with snow in it. That's the norm here.
wink.gif
When I drove the Caprices, they were all taxis, and almost never got shut off, so I almost never saw one so forlorn!

A friend's 2000 Silverado. He scrapped it still running at around 640k. Unfortunately I don't have a picture of the odometer later on. He purchased it at 555,000kms and drove it for 3-4 years I think. The 4.8 had a lot of piston slap towards the end but still ran good and got decent mileage.

IMG_20150511_165633.jpg

Originally Posted by Snagglefoot
You are the King, Harry. So which oil?

I have used Amsoil 0W-30 since I found out about it some years ago. The Civic had 118,000 miles on it then.

This is the last odo pic from Vger, my '00 Voyager and source of my username, taken Jan 1st.
[Linked Image]

19 miles later the tranny grenaded (it was on borrowed time), and she went to the scrapyard.
[Linked Image]

I had one that went at 600 miles! Needed a new transmission. Every month it seemed like I had a van payment and a repair bill, sheesh!

Originally Posted by harry j
I had one that went at 600 miles! Needed a new transmission. Every month it seemed like I had a van payment and a repair bill, sheesh!

I feel pretty lucky then. Even though it weeped trans fluid from new, I got almost 19 years out of that van. 3.0 liter with an A604 transmission. Not bad for a notoriously crap tranny.

Back