Alarm clock location: close to you or out of reach?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I use two.
First one is within reach.
Second one goes off 10 minutes later on a dresser that's 10 feet away.

Seldom do I need the 2nd one. I most-always dismiss it, as I walk to the bathroom..

I always use my iPad as an alarm, it's across my room. 5:10am is the first alarm and then 5:30am is when I get up. I like that 20 minutes to get back into bed and be warm and comfortable and fall back asleep.

Alarm set for 4:20am, right next to my head. Most days, two beeps and it is off and I am running (literally). When I get back home, make coffee, bring a cup to my bride, read the Good Word, then off to shower and start my day.

I also did have an alarm ,but being military I usually had to be at work by 5:00 AM and from about age 40 I had prostate issues and I always had to get up 5-6 times a night anyway so really did not need an alarm. Finally Diagnosed with sleep apnea by VA after I retired and now maybe get up once or twice. Get a lot more rest for sure. It was not fun waking up every hour that's for sure.

Have a small battery clock next the bed, don't use except to see what time it is, also like the tick tick tick when it's running helps me fall asleep fast,
cheers3.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back