Walmart near me replacing M1 with K&N

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted by ZeeOSix
Originally Posted by Purpfox
My only issue with the K&n filter is inability to give any effeicincy data. The responce i was given was "we dont have that information".

With a response like that they shouldn't be selling oil filters.
eek.gif

I knew you'd be all over that
smile.gif

ZeeO Six, Thats where my thoughts were. I decided they would no longer get any of my buisness.
LOL-K&N "Engineering"-there's not much engineering going on there!

Originally Posted by Zee09
My only issue with the K&n filter is inability to give any effeicincy data. The responce i was given was "we dont have that information".

eek.gif

smile.gif

LOL ... yeah, it would be like an engine maker saying "we don't have the numbers" when someone asked how much HP their engine produces.
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by oil_film_movies
Why are people buying K&N oil filters when Fram Ultras are sitting right there, screaming wemay's name....?

I've got a little of everything.
beer3.gif

LOL well then I'm waiting for the M1 filter to go on sale I use those on my Duramax and could use a couple more as long as they become cheaper than a Fram Ultra.

The Mobil 1 and K&N filters are identical inside.

I won't buy either of those overpriced oil filters, so this change doesn't affect me.

Yup, that's those are the prices here too.
Incidentally, they didn't remove all the model numbers of the Mobil1 filters. It and K&N actually share that shelf space now. Just fewer model numbers for Mobil1.

Why are people buying K&N oil filters when Fram Ultras are sitting right there, screaming wemay's name....?

Maybe because its actually made out of some significant amount of metal.
When I hold a fram I have that sense of caution. Kinda like when you have an egg in your hand. You know if you drop it it's all over for that egg.

It's a free country. Now if Walmart stocked Denso filters I'd be all over that.

Checking today, M1 still on shelves along with K&N. Add in Super Tech and Champ Labs made filters good presence. Total, in my observation Fram still has most space for three filter tiers . FU price up to $9.42 from $8.98 for XG7317.

Originally Posted by Sayjac
Checking today, M1 still on shelves along with K&N. Add in Super Tech and Champ Labs made filters good presence. Total, in my observation Fram still has most space for three filter tiers . FU price up to $9.42 from $8.98 for XG7317.

Yeah, same here. They just lessened the amount of available model numbers of the Mobil1 and introduced the K&N on the same shelf.

Originally Posted by Zee09

eek.gif

smile.gif

LOL ... yeah, it would be like an engine maker saying "we don't have the numbers" when someone asked how much HP their engine produces.
laugh.gif

Rolls and Bentley did the same exact thing for decades when asked about HP and Torque.
More than adequate was the typical response
smile.gif

Note to self ... never buy a Rolls or Bentley, or any other vehicle that doesn't publish HP & torque numbers.
laugh.gif

I just received the same response for the HP-1004.

Below is the text copy of the screen shot at the bottom which may be to small to read...

Hello,

At this time, the micron rating test information about our oil filters is not available. However, each K&N oil filter is designed to meet or surpass the factory requirements of the vehicle engine manufacturer.

If you have any additional questions about our oil filters not related to the micron test data, please feel free to reply to this e-mail or contact our customer service department at 800-858-3333 and a customer service representative will be happy to assist you.

Regards,

K&N Customer Service & Tech Support
[email protected]
http://www.knfilters.com
Phone: (800) 858-3333

When replying please include this entire e-mail as your reply will be sent to a general inbox
K&N Now Offers Washable Reusable Cabin Air Filters - Click for more information

Capture.PNG

Originally Posted by K&N
However, each K&N oil filter is designed to meet or surpass the factory requirements of the vehicle engine manufacturer.

I wonder what K&N would say if someone asked them: "What is the factory requirements of the vehicle engine manufacturer?"

Went to Walmart 2 days ago. In the sizes I use they have the Fram Ultra's for $8.97, Mobil 1's for $9.97 and some K&N's for $12.97
crazy2.gif
. Of course there was the obligatory oil filter switching of putting a ST oil filter in a K&N box
mad.gif
, thieves! It doesn't look like they are discontinuing the Mobil 1 oil filters, at least at my store. I hope not because I'm hoping Mobil 1 comes out with it's $12/5qt rebate with it's $5/Mobil 1 oil filter rebate again. That makes the Mobil 1 oil filter $5
grin2.gif

Whimsey

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back