Boxed Havoline now available in full synthetic!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted by Onetor
That is nice, but availability and actually purchasing Havoline FS is another topic!

As previously stated, can't site to store. I've requested items in the past to no avail at WallyWorld.

I've never had a problem. Even shipped a toy that was less than $5. Was even more convenient when they would ship for free pickup at FedEx Office.

I live in the deep rural sparsely populated South. There are three boxes sitting on the shelf at the local Walmart. If we have it, it will be everywhere soon. The Walmarts in my area are home of "not available at this store" when looking at the website. I noticed if you scroll through the alternate pictures on the site, there is a tab you rip off to reveal a window that indicates the amount of oil inside.

Originally Posted by y_p_w
That is nice, but availability and actually purchasing Havoline FS is another topic!

As previously stated, can't site to store. I've requested items in the past to no avail at WallyWorld.

I've never had a problem. Even shipped a toy that was less than $5. Was even more convenient when they would ship for free pickup at FedEx Office.

I don't see the 6qt synthetic box on the Walmart website.
They do have the 5qt jug for $22.93 though.

Originally Posted by PimTac
Originally Posted by demarpaint
Could it be that boxed oils will become the next bickering point on BITOG besides thin oil and GDI engines?

Why not?

I'm waiting for the ultimate thread. Can I use boxed Havoline 0w20 in my TGDI engine?

Good for 50 pages at least.

^^^^^^

Hey, that just comes with the territory round here
lol.gif

Originally Posted by blupupher

I don't see the 6qt synthetic box on the Walmart website.
They do have the 5qt jug for $22.93 though.

Sure, they're not listed yet. However, I thought the comment was about shipping to a store.

Sure, they're not listed yet. However, I thought the comment was about shipping to a store.

Ahh, OK.

Yeah, I have no problems ordering items that ship to store. Have gotten a few things not sold at any local Walmart this way.
One store had recently stopped price matching the online price, so if I needed it now, I would buy in store, order it online also, then when it comes in, pick it up at cheaper price.
I would then return it immediately at the same counter with the same person with the receipt from previous purchase. First time they said I could not do it, called the asst. manager over, and he begrudgingly approved it. I told him why I did it, and he agreed. I did this a few time, and a few weeks later, they started price matching online again.

Could it be that boxed oils will become the next bickering point on BITOG besides thin oil and GDI engines?

You forgot about "LSPI - Real Or Not?"

Originally Posted by demarpaint

Why not?

I'm waiting for the ultimate thread. Can I use boxed Havoline 0w20 in my TGDI engine?

Good for 50 pages at least.

Easy 50 pages, and new threads about it on a weekly basis.

I'm thinking about picking up some, hard to beat at under $20 for 6qts of full synthetic. Havoline is a good brand too.

I'd like to see this done with quarts as well. The cardboard could be like a cereal box with the plastic bladder inside.
Havoline: The Breakfast of Studebaker Champions!

But it'll play hob with the baseball-card prize.

Last edited:
This is a oil I am considering for the next change whether it comes in a box or a jug. I'll check it out next time I'm at Wally's.

I've still got about 25 5qt jugs of the Havoline Pro DS from the O'Reilly's closeout, when I finally use up all that oil, this would be a good option.

Do they make a 5w30 synthetic in the 6qt box? If so, is Havoline one of the better synthetics or more of a bottom of the barrel oil?

Originally Posted by 1978elcamino
Do they make a 5w30 synthetic in the 6qt box? If so, is Havoline one of the better synthetics or more of a bottom of the barrel oil?

Yep. Check out the original post. Havoline is a good oil. It doesn't advertise like the rest. Chevron is on par with the others.

I can't believe I missed this thread. I ordered a five quart jug of Halvoline 5W30 FS Pro DS for $22.93 on WM.com delivered free to the local store. This is for my next oil change. I recognize Chevron as a very good brand, and the price was good (well, not compared to the six quart box), I plan on using Halvoline for all future OCI's, and ordering the six quart box.

Originally Posted by Voleak
I can't believe I missed this thread. I ordered a five quart jug of Halvoline 5W30 FS Pro DS for $22.93 on WM.com delivered free to the local store. This is for my next oil change. I recognize Chevron as a very good brand, and the price was good (well, not compared to the six quart box), I plan on using Halvoline for all future OCI's, and ordering the six quart box.

Actually, I am not seeing the six quart box of FS on WM online, just conventional oil. Does anybody have an item number for the Havoline 5w30 FS

Actually, I am not seeing the six quart box of FS on WM online, just conventional oil. Does anybody have an item number for the Havoline 5w30 FS

If you have the app, click on "at my store".

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back