I seen it all now

Status
Not open for further replies.
This happened to me when I was using M1. Someone glued the foil back on so it looked like it wasn't opened but it was full of dirty oil. There after before I checked out in future I would carefully examine the jug.

"I don't buy anything without a seal. If Shell doesn't want to put seals on their bottles then they don't get my business."

THIS^^^^^

One of the reasons I use Castrol oil. There's a security ring on the cap and a foil seal underneath. If the cap's been breached, I look for a different bottle.

Hmmm, was this a full service Wal*Mart with an auto center? Think the jug was to offset a free oil change?

Good thing you caught it, and probably a good thing you knew the manager too. It's crazy the effort people will put into these types of retail store scams, but I guess to them it adds up.

Originally Posted by Piston_slap
Hmmm, was this a full service Wal*Mart with an auto center? Think the jug was to offset a free oil change?

Yes this Walmart you can get oil change

Along with carefully inspecting the oil jug, check the filter also. I have seen expensive Mobil 1 filter boxes with a Super Tech or Fram OCD inside a Mobil 1 box. Even used filter's inside a new box. Some people are considerably less than pathetic.

Originally Posted by MetalSlug
Anyway Walmart let me exchange it . I told the lady to put a notes on the jug so it not going back on the shelf.

You're lucky. I had the same thing happen to me, and not only did they refuse to exchange it, but the manager decided the best course of action was to accuse me of fraud and call me a thief in front of customers. I finally got my money back along with a gift card three months later after reminding corporate of the power of social media and that what she did was technically defamation, if I chose to pursue it.

A little off the subject but..............................

people will buy a red Bic lighter and go to their car and get an empty red Bic and claim the one they just bought doesn't work.
so the clerk gives them another red Bic and they get two lighters for the price of one.
Bic lighters are about $1.30 give or take a little.

I always check for the seal on oil jugs buy opening the cap and looking.
A scammer can super glue the cap on so if you give it a little twist and not look closely you will think its good.
Same thing with filters,they switch those also.

I change my oil for 15 years . Bought all kind of brand oil . Never seen or happen like this . Again who do this for just $12 . The manager at Walmart know me for 10+ years . He a cars guy also . As soon i send him a text . He show up at the return counter And told the lady swap it out for me . Cause he know I wouldn't do thing like these . He say check the oil before you buy .

What happened to you?

Originally Posted by y_p_w
I bought something there - a Motorola cable modem. But when I opened it it said Comcast on it. Same model number but a Comcast specific one. It actually worked out of the box without authentication. Wasn't sure what to do and WM wasn't going to take it back.

But in the end we ended our service and returned the box. Comcast said it was registered as their property and I found from my wife that we were still being charged rental. They wanted it back. So essentially someone took one and replaced it with a rental box.

Hmmm. I see how this would work since it was provisioned but it would be one mess after another.

Originally Posted by dave1251
I change my oil for 15 years . Bought all kind of brand oil . Never seen or happen like this . Again who do this for just $12 . The manager at Walmart know me for 10+ years . He a cars guy also . As soon i send him a text . He show up at the return counter And told the lady swap it out for me . Cause he know I wouldn't do thing like these . He say check the oil before you buy .

What happened to you?

Walmart let me exchange for another jug .

I could say why people do this but i would probably get banned. I purchase my oil and filters at Wal-Mart and find the store manager and open the jug of oil and filter in front of him or her. Have never been told no you cannot do that.

That's terrible!
Nowadays, nearly all automotive fluids have either a locking lid (snap-off ring) and/or a foil seal on the jug itself.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back