Instrument Panels, Dash, Fascia or Whatever You Call Them...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Been some heavy discussions on this forum lately, let's have a lighter topic: post pics of your or other interesting instrument panels. Many modern panels are getting sterile with two video 'gauges' and a combination of tape displays, graphs or idiot lights for the rest. Lets see some interesting ones, old and new.

Land Rover Series 3
Triumph TR6
Mini Moke rental-the absolute worst car that I'd love to have

LR int a.jpg

TR6 int a.jpg

Moke dash.jpg

Originally Posted by dogememe
I hate TPMS. It's gonna get electrical tape over the light eventually.

[Linked Image]

Is the "certified calibration" panel part of a police package?

Would it kill most manufacturers to also put volt/oil pressure/oil temps/trans temps and boost, if you got it, gauges on the dash????

Originally Posted by wings&wheels
Originally Posted by dogememe
I hate TPMS. It's gonna get electrical tape over the light eventually.

[Linked Image]

Is the "certified calibration" panel part of a police package?

Yep!

"Yep!"
thumbsup2.gif

As far as gauges, I was at a product marketing class back in the dark ages where the professor discussed auto marketing and used auto gauges as an example. Apparently manufacturers were dumbing down and eliminating gauges on some trim levels as part of a way to reduce warranty costs. Seemed some folks were bringing cars in for what were normal fluctuations. At the same time, my Dad bought a new Ford that had an oil pressure gauge that stayed at mid scale no matter what; cold, hot, idle, cruise...whatever. The gauge hardly moved. Couple years later I read about this being true.

I like a panel full of steam gauges, but I may be just showing my age....

Originally Posted by Schmoe
Would it kill most manufacturers to also put volt/oil pressure/oil temps/trans temps and boost, if you got it, gauges on the dash????

Yup, as w&w noted, the less info shown on the dash, the fewer questions/complaints the service department will get. Sad but true.

Originally Posted by wings&wheels
"Yep!"
thumbsup2.gif

As far as gauges, I was at a product marketing class back in the dark ages where the professor discussed auto marketing and used auto gauges as an example. Apparently manufacturers were dumbing down and eliminating gauges on some trim levels as part of a way to reduce warranty costs. Seemed some folks were bringing cars in for what were normal fluctuations. At the same time, my Dad bought a new Ford that had an oil pressure gauge that stayed at mid scale no matter what; cold, hot, idle, cruise...whatever. The gauge hardly moved. Couple years later I read about this being true.

I like a panel full of steam gauges, but I may be just showing my age....

yep, some manufacturers even go as far as making a fake oil pressure pid accessible via obd2... trailblazers/envoys with the 4.2 inline-6 being one of them. you can access oil pressure via the scanner, and it fluctuates like the gauge did... but both are fake/calculated. an oil pressure switch (0/1) was present, if there was absolutely no oil pressure, the obd2 pid and gauge would both to go 0.

You guys see something interesting here? Look at the "temp" gauge....

Yup, that is NOT a coolant temp gauge, but an oil temp gauge. I LOVE IT!

capture alfa.PNG

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back