KN-303 Cross Reference?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have done over 2 hours of searching and I can't find specs on this filter other than dimensions. I am putting this on a Yamaha XVS1100 - WITH A RELOCATION KIT. The factory filter size no longer applies, and therefore is making this a royal pain to find info for. There seems to be only two relocation kits for these, and both specify the KN-303. I just can't find specific details on the K&N to accurately cross reference it to others such as WIX, NAPA Gold, M1, etc.

I've searched websites, but they seem to offer too many filters that are similar but not an ideal match. My best assumption is it is a Yamaha 5GH-13440-50 (which seems to replace 5GH-13440-60
21.gif
).

It's all running together at this point, so I'm hoping someone knows or knows where to look. Thanks in advance!

Originally Posted by ZeeOSix
The KN-303 crosses to this:

https://www.fram.com/parts-search/PH6017A

The Fram 7317 is the oversized filter.

I run an Ultra XG7317 on my Yamaha XSR900. It should fit your remote filter kit if you have room in front of the mount to take a 3.5 long filter.

I knew about the 6017. No way either of us would run an OCOD. The oversized XG... maybe. I didn't come across the 7317. That's news to me, and is interesting. Thanks. Was really hoping to find either a Yamaha or WIX/Napa Gold filter. Just something of quality. I do appreciate the help!
thumbsup2.gif

Originally Posted by tony1679
Originally Posted by ZeeOSix
The KN-303 crosses to this:

https://www.fram.com/parts-search/PH6017A

The Fram 7317 is the oversized filter.

I run an Ultra XG7317 on my Yamaha XSR900. It should fit your remote filter kit if you have room in front of the mount to take a 3.5 long filter.

I knew about the 6017. No way either of us would run an OCOD. The oversized XG... maybe. I didn't come across the 7317. That's news to me, and is interesting. Thanks. Was really hoping to find either a Yamaha or WIX/Napa Gold filter. Just something of quality. I do appreciate the help!
thumbsup2.gif

Once you know a few filters that will fit, it's pretty easy to cross reference any brand you're interested in - including oversized filters. That was the point.

Originally Posted by Pinoak
Wix is 51358
Wix XP is 51358xp

51358 works, so does 51365. Which would be better for this application? I'm thinking the 51365 due to the lower bypass setting (probably running 20W-50, and will be driven in winter sometimes) as well as the higher burst pressure rating. Everything else seems the same, or am I missing something?

Not an XP fan either way...

Last edited:
Originally Posted by tony1679
51358 works, so does 51365. Which would be better for this application? I'm thinking the 51365 due to the lower bypass setting (probably running 20W-50, and will be driven in winter sometimes) as well as the higher burst pressure rating. Everything else seems the same, or am I missing something?

The part in red is why I'd run a full synthetic media filter ... less delta-p so less bypass valve opening events with thick oil.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back