Best breakfast chain?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted by Nick1994
Now that I think of it, I can't believe I've never eaten at a Waffle House. Maybe this weekend...
But Denny's is way better than IHOP.

I was introduced to Waffle House when I lived in Dallas and they were fine, although they never looked very nice. Food tasted good at 2-3am...but not as good as the IHOP near my apartment. We spent so much time there in the wee hours that a guy in our group ended up dating the hostess. That probably saved us when we came in after one night on the town with me carrying a buddy in my arms and us both screaming and yelling about getting married the next day and inviting all the other patrons to our wedding...she just laughed instead of calling the cops.
(no offense meant to anybody here, that was high humor in our drunk just out of college minds at the time)

Originally Posted by StevieC
Modern science is the problem... Here is a new age doctor that says otherwise: https://youtu.be/bkeUKxwwflk

And for the naysayers he has a clinic and website setup outside of this... https://www.drberg.com/blog/reversing-atherosclerosis-or-hardening-of-the-arteries

If there was anything of substance to it, the Mayo Clinic, Johns Hopkins, Cornell, The Cleveland Clinic, and Loma Linda Medical Center would be all over it like stink on dog dung. All of these, "New Age" miracle cures never go anywhere. If any of them actually worked they would be in every medical journal ever printed. Not to mention all over the news.

I put all of this stuff in the same category as these B.S. gas mileage improvement gadgets for cars they used to sell in the old J.C. Whitney catalogs. If any of them worked, the auto makers would have them in every car. All of this silly junk, along with all of these miracle cures are based on P.T. Barnum's business model.

The sad part is they attract, and give false hope to desperately sick people, who are dying from these illnesses. Steve McQueen comes to mind. Along with the quack Mexican "doctors" who financially raped him before his death.

Really... So modern doctors... "Here take this Type-2 Diabetes Medication which you will be on for the rest of your life and most likely it will turn into Type 1, also take this for your cholesterol and stop eating fats"
which both me and spouse both successfully fixed with diet and went off our medications in just weeks switching diets, isn't valid?

Hope you never end up Type-2 diabetic or with a cholesterol problem.

Old thinking will change it just takes old thinkers to die off for the shift to happen.
It's also sad that lobbying affects medical recommendations for diet versus actual science that proves that is should be otherwise.

It's about profits and a free lunch for doctors not about true health if you think otherwise welcome to being part of the problem.

Last edited:
Originally Posted by WhizkidTN
Hmm. What political views does the corporate chain (specifically Chick-Fil-a) espouse? I've never seen that.

Without going into detail, it's well known that they had religious views in the past and one reason they don't open on Sunday. The no religion rule on the forum kinda stops us from going into detail. They've since backed off on some of their views, but people don't forget what they were originally.

Originally Posted by pbm
A friend who was a food inspector told me to AVOID IHOP.....

Pretty much all restaurants get shut down or fail to pass at some point. If you want to avoid places that have been shut down/failed inspection, stay home.

Originally Posted by Virtus_Probi
We spent so much time there in the wee hours that a guy in our group ended up dating the hostess. That probably saved us when we came in after one night on the town with me carrying a buddy in my arms and us both screaming and yelling about getting married the next day and inviting all the other patrons to our wedding...she just laughed instead of calling the cops.

The local IHOP still has the number of the state police taped to the wall behind the front cashier. It gets loud there after the clubs close and they're open 24 hours. I guess they use it as a combination of having the number handy and an unspoken warning to people.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back