Scammed !!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Don't let it happen to you. I was looking for a VIN for a car, I saw an ad for $1 VIN check. (like Carfax) I went to the site
called new*carrecordsearch.com. I gave them my credit card number and I got the info in an E-mail. It seems I
was charged $18.95 and I was automatically billed this charge each month. I called the company and I stopped
the transaction. I know I should have been more vigilant but I just made a mistake. I feel pretty silly but I learned
a valuable lesson. If it looks too be true (you know the rest)

There are ebay listings for Carfax/Autocheck reports for $2 and no risk like that at all
smile.gif

Is it me or does that first picture show the undercoating on the exhaust pipe? If so, I'd be very weary.

Originally Posted by slacktide_bitog
There are ebay listings for Carfax/Autocheck reports for $2 and no risk like that at all
smile.gif

Well I just see carfax for $2.49 and both is about $5.

Originally Posted by Schmoe
Is it me or does that first picture show the undercoating on the exhaust pipe? If so, I'd be very weary.

There's a picture?

How they can sell a CarFax report for $2 when the real thing costs $30 or so for one or $60 for 3? I bought a tri-pack last May for $60. Have 2 left. I'd let them expire before offering them for $2....lol.
Was hoping someone in my family might need one before they expire in May.

Last edited:
I found this guy on ebay and everything was legit 100% and got my reports in minutes. Took advantage of the $5 off ebay PROMO coupon so used it for 2 reports and only paid 50 cents lol

This is the email he sent me:

"Thank you for your purchase. I also sell 2 Carfax Reports for $5, and 5 Carfax Reports for $10. I can also do large quantities of orders that can be redeemed whenever you want. Contact me through this email for more reports. If you have any questions about the format of the reports feel free to ask. Thanks."

PM for his info

Dave

Yeah I am seeing on eBay for $2.70ish...

Carfax used to have unlimited reports, no idea why they stopped it!

I always post here and some helpful soul always lend a hand, thanks BITOGers
thumbsup2.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back