I love Income Tax Return season!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted by edyvw
CAT and manifold together? Geez, I have to check that nonsense on my 2GR-FE on SIenna.
I just posted this to another forum, so far regular maintenance (brakes, that on BMW actually, well, brake), filters etc . are pretty much same price on SIenna and X5.
I also own Toyota Land Cruiser diesel in Europe, and that is barrel without bottom.

The 1GR-FE in your Sienna does indeed use "Close Couple" catalyst's built-in with the manifold, They list for over $1000 a piece & wholesale for @$800 each......Probably around $2500 out the door customer pay at a dealer.

The Sienna.....Especially the AWD models, Are too heavy & Toyota should have used bigger brake rotors with Opposed 4-Piston calipers on the front & Opposed 2-piston on the rear. It's not like they don't have this type set-up in their parts bin.....A Lexus LS460 for example has fantastic brakes!!

Originally Posted by clinebarger
CAT and manifold together? Geez, I have to check that nonsense on my 2GR-FE on SIenna.
I just posted this to another forum, so far regular maintenance (brakes, that on BMW actually, well, brake), filters etc . are pretty much same price on SIenna and X5.
I also own Toyota Land Cruiser diesel in Europe, and that is barrel without bottom.

The 1GR-FE in your Sienna does indeed use "Close Couple" catalyst's built-in with the manifold, They list for over $1000 a piece & wholesale for @$800 each......Probably around $2500 out the door customer pay at a dealer.

The Sienna.....Especially the AWD models, Are too heavy & Toyota should have used bigger brake rotors with Opposed 4-Piston calipers on the front & Opposed 2-piston on the rear. It's not like they don't have this type set-up in their parts bin.....A Lexus LS460 for example has fantastic brakes!!

2GR-FE. I am not sure about these Toyota designations, was not interested in appliances before.
$2,500 for Cat for family van? LOL, I have a feeling once I get next year BMW for my daily driving, I will drive Sienna only few times a year.

Originally Posted by clinebarger

2GR-FE. I am not sure about these Toyota designations, was not interested in appliances before.
$2,500 for Cat for family van? LOL, I have a feeling once I get next year BMW for my daily driving, I will drive Sienna only few times a year.

I meant 2GR-FE 3.5L, The 1GR-FE is a 4.0L of the same engine family. Catalyst failure's are not guaranteed by a certain mileage or usage.....My 2000 Avalon catalyst's had Coolant & Oil dumped into them after a catastrophic head gasket failure & they are trucking along like nothing ever happened after a engine replacement.

As I said......I have nothing against BMW or Euro brands in general, I chose Domestic & Asian brands because that's what I'm familiar with & tooled to repair.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back