Havoline Syn 5w30 6 qt box - $19.xx at Wmart retail price

Status
Not open for further replies.

wemay

Site Donor 2023
This price puts it in the running for best value oil, and it takes the prize when major brand is the criteria.

20190221_154735.jpg

Originally Posted by y_p_w
Wasn't this discussed earlier?

Yes it was, just found it. Sorry for the redundancy.

Originally Posted by 1JZ_E46
I've never really considered Havoline. Is Pro DS in the same tier as M1, PP, Edge, etc?

I understand what you're saying to a degree, but i do consider Chevron on par with Shell, Mobil and BP.

Not on Walmart.com sadly. Screaming deal for sure though.. My brother paid $15 for 6 quarts of conventional.

Originally Posted by wemay

Yes it was, just found it. Sorry for the redundancy.

Considering we have daily threads on thick vs thin, color of windshield washer fluid and more, this is nothing.

This is really a good value. Chevron is on par with the rest of the big boys.

I've never really considered Havoline. Is Pro DS in the same tier as M1, PP, Edge, etc?

I understand what you're saying to a degree, but i do consider Chevron on par with Shell, Mobil and BP.

Chevron Lubricants don't have the marketing budget of Mobil 1, Pennzoil/QS, Castrol, etc. Their additives R&D is on par with anyone in the world, and they develop their own base oils. Many of the big names probably buy their base oil and additives from Chevron. I know some people who think their oil must be worse because of the price, but I haven't heard anything saying the oils are substandard.

Let's be nice now. Considering how much Wemay contributes here; I can overlook a good Wal Mart finding. It's way better than motoroilmadman posting some bs or ZZMAN posting oddities that make me shake my head

This price puts it in the running for best value oil, and it takes the prize when major brand is the criteria.

Nice find, But I call out your Chevron deal and raise you this 6-QT GTX box walmart deal for $5 HAHA lol
23.gif

Castrol High Mileage 5w30 Box Bulk
MSRP: $4.79
SKU: 125965303
UPC: 079191100059
[Linked Image]

Last edited:

Chevron Lubricants don't have the marketing budget of Mobil 1, Pennzoil/QS, Castrol, etc. Their additives R&D is on par with anyone in the world, and they develop their own base oils. Many of the big names probably buy their base oil and additives from Chevron. I know some people who think their oil must be worse because of the price, but I haven't heard anything saying the oils are substandard.

That makes sense. I've always thought M1 and PP were superior because they make their own base stocks (and good ones at that... PAO and GTL) and therefore can put out a superior product for a cheaper/same price... which is why I think EDGE is inferior except 0W-30/40; in order to compete on price they have to cheapen the base stock.

GMguy84,

I doubt that's their everyday price but WOW, a deal indeed.

Originally Posted by MParr
I'd buy it but, my local Walmart is not stocking it yet.

Today was the first time i'd ever seen Havoline Synthetic at my Walmart too. The employee putting out the oil filters said they can't keep enough of it on the shelf. It's been in the store for a week now and the box i bought was the last of the inventory.

Last edited:
My Walmart is pretty lame as far as oil goes. There's usually only half of products in stock at best. I doubt they have the ability to figure out how to stock this stuff.

Yes I was at my local WM the other day and they had no Havoline in a box. So then along comes this Gentleman in a blue Walmart coat. and the name tag said Manager. We had a little chat about why they didn't have Havoline in a box.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back