Chemlube Multivehicle ATF - Full Synthetic ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
One of my local quick lube places offers this atf with their atf flush.

I've seen a lot of ATF's and multi-vehicle formulas I have never heard of this. Looks like a decent base oil as the Flash Point is 392F so it can stand up to the heat of normal transmissions but with transmissions additive package controlling the friction properly and proper viscosity is everything.

Last edited:
Havent heard of the company but the PDS recommends for most LV applications; would likely work fine. However if I had a choice I would use Maxlife instead, just because it is cheap and has a good track record.

I had this oil put in my 2008 titan a few weeks ago. Will I be ok to use it for a little while ? I just need to save up a little before doing another full atf flush with Maxlife or Redline.

I recommend using this for about 30K miles and then you can drain and fill every 30-50K miles the vast majority of muti ATF's are using DEXRON chemistry for friction modification.

Originally Posted by dave1251
I recommend using this for about 30K miles and then you can drain and fill every 30-50K miles the vast majority of muti ATF's are using DEXRON chemistry for friction modification.

Thank you!

Originally Posted by lawnguy
I had this oil put in my 2008 titan a few weeks ago. Will I be ok to use it for a little while ? I just need to save up a little before doing another full atf flush with Maxlife or Redline.

I would think it would be fine. Those Jatco 5spds do well on "suitable for use" ATFs.

Why not just do your own drain/fills? Should be easier than an engine oil change on these.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back