Would this car brochure omission bother you?

Status
Not open for further replies.
So after five years of driving our 2014 Fusion energi (which was a good car), my wife and I decided to look at some mid size SUV's

After looking at several different makes and models we decided on a 2019 Nissan Murano SV. After walking the car lots on Sundays, and me studying the brochure intensely, we decided on the color and trim level best for our needs.

Since we travel often HD radio is a must. I have had it on several cars and enjoy the increased fidelity if offers. Fortunately ALL trims on the Murano offer it. So imagine my disappointment when after a few days of buying the car and having some time to set up my settings/radio stations etc, it has NO HD radio. A trip to the dealer confirmed that as well.

Since it says it has it in the brochure, I figured it DID have it, and didn't notice it didn't have it until several days after I bought it. I sent a email to Nissan corporate this morning, no reply yet.

Would this bother any of you?? And do I have any recourse in this matter?

Last edited by a moderator:
I suspect there is weasel wording in the brochure that says the actual vehicle content is subject to change without notice.

Probably no real recourse other than venting your spleen.

Toyota hasn't made brochures for a few years. It's all on the Internet.

I use my satellite radio every day but rarely the HD channels on FM radio.

But I'd be disappointed to find this out after I bought the car. You can only verify so many things during a test drive.

Originally Posted by daddi
I sent a email to Nissan corporate this morning, no reply yet.

Pick up a phone and call. What's with this passive society of hiding behind a keyboard and emailing a company about a complaint or issue ?

I got a PDF of the brochure and here are their weasel words to get out of it.

Originally Posted by 2019 Murano Brochure

This brochure is intended for general descriptive and informational purposes only. It is subject to change and does not constitute an offer, representation or warranty (express or implied) by Nissan North America, Inc. Interested parties should confirm the accuracy of any information in this brochure as it relates to a vehicle directly with Nissan North America, Inc., before relying on it to make a purchase decision. Nissan North America, Inc., reserves the right to make changes, at any time, without prior notice, in prices, colors, materials, equipment, specifications, and models and to discontinue models or equipment. Due to continuous product development and other pre- and post-production factors, actual vehicle, materials and specifications may vary from this brochure.

Does Nissan have a head unit available, that will properly fit in your dash opening, that has HD radio capability?

If so, there's the route I'd go.... if someone with Nissan will agree to swap out the head unit at no charge to you... and keep the factory appearance... there's your answer.

Reminds me of a co-worker who ordered an Altima with a V6 and a manual transmission, several years back. It showed up at the dealership... no ABS. Window sticker listed ABS, and the brochure listed ABS. Apparently, ABS was not possible with the V6 and the manual transmission.

He took delivery of it anyway, because it was the first car in his life that he'd special ordered, and it was what he really wanted.. because the V6/MT in a four door. Drove it for a few years, and gets a certified letter from Nissan telling him that they *had* to buy it back from him, because of the statements on the window sticker and in the brochure. He was not happy to give up his MT.

Originally Posted by daddi
Yes the Nissan brochure and the internet brochure both state that all trims have HD radio.

I found a brochure and the descriptions of what each trim includes, while not necessarily 100% complete, makes no mention of HD Radio. On page 8, there's a table with markings (effectively 'checkmarks') and it does show HD Radio on all (4) trim levels for the vehicle.

I'm guessing, but it looks like the SV trim can get it with the "Premium" add-on package (optional) and the SL and Platinum get it as standard (part of the Bose system ?).

I'm thinking the OP made a mistake.
A screenshot shows the base SV trim doesn't have HD radio. I didn't look to see if there is a package option that has it:

[Linked Image]

Originally Posted by javacontour
I got a PDF of the brochure and here are their weasel words to get out of it.

Originally Posted by 2019 Murano Brochure

This brochure is intended for general descriptive and informational purposes only. It is subject to change and does not constitute an offer, representation or warranty (express or implied) by Nissan North America, Inc. Interested parties should confirm the accuracy of any information in this brochure as it relates to a vehicle directly with Nissan North America, Inc., before relying on it to make a purchase decision. Nissan North America, Inc., reserves the right to make changes, at any time, without prior notice, in prices, colors, materials, equipment, specifications, and models and to discontinue models or equipment. Due to continuous product development and other pre- and post-production factors, actual vehicle, materials and specifications may vary from this brochure.

Thank you for finding that. However according to that, it looks like I might be hosed.

Originally Posted by skyactiv
I'm thinking the OP made a mistake.
A screenshot shows the base SV trim doesn't have HD radio. I didn't look to see if there is a package option that has it:

[Linked Image]

That is correct. I guess I relied on the brochure mainly, as I was able to compare the models and trims side by side.

I'd probably kick myself for not confirming what was important to me before I purchased. However; you may be able to install a HD radio from another source. Ed

Originally Posted by Brons2
The SV radio probably has the electronics for the HD radio, but not the firmware/software.

Would be awesome if they could re flash it to the HD software!

My guess is the HD radio feature is part of the Bose or Nav package. Not sure if that Nav system can just be popped in, in place of your existing head unit, or if it's more complicated than this. If it's part of Bose, that makes things a lot more complicated - the Bose system has more speakers, dual subs, and different amps I'm sure.

I doubt they'll give you the Nav unit, but it's worth asking.

BTW, I really like the looks of the new Murano. Nissan did a nice job on it, IMO.

It doesn't hurt to talk to the dealership. I could see where this can be confusing. I was just looking at the Nissan website.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back