Alarm clock location: close to you or out of reach?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Time to go light and fluffy.

My alarm clock is on the other side of the room forcing me to get up. No snooze for me or falling back to sleep by mistake.

P.S: Yeah, some of you don't need an alarm clock or use your phone!

We have a clock radio in our sitting room (between bedroom and bathroom). It goes off at 6:00.

On days I have to drive into the office I have a buzzing alarm on my dresser in bedroom. It goes off at 6:10 and the buzzing gets more annoying every 10 seconds until you just have to get up and turn it off.

I do however sit up in bed for 5-10 seconds before standing, least I pass out from jumping out of bed. (Happens when you get old).

As I get older (41), I rarely need a formal alarm clock anymore.........simply wake up at the same time every day. I still set my phone when needed, however. Right next to me on the table.

Mine is on the nightstand, right next to my bed. I was going to take it to the range and shoot it when I retired. (I have not used it since). But it has a nice digital clock, so there was no sense in destroying it.

I was thinking about this last week.

I use an old unused iPhone as an alarm clock instead of my current phone, I put it right next to me and find myself hitting snooze repeatedly.

I used to have it way across the room but I found I just walked to it, snoozed, then went back to my bed.
lol.gif

Use my phone right next to me on my nightstand. I wake up easily/quickly though, so when it goes off the alarm is muted and i'm in the bathroom already getting ready for work. Never, ever been a "snoozer" or difficult to wake.

Originally Posted by xBa380
Use my phone right next to me on my nightstand. I wake up easily/quickly though, so when it goes off the alarm is muted and i'm in the bathroom already getting ready for work. Never, ever been a "snoozer" or difficult to wake.

My oldest daughter used to be such a sound sleeper that even in her teens you had to shake her for a good 15-30 seconds to get her to come around. I swear someone could have picked her up and carried her away and she would have sleapt thru it.

I have mine all the way across the room so I have to actually get up to turn it off. For the life of me I can't understand the people who set the snooze for an hour. Why not actually sleep till it's time to get up instead of being interrupted every 5 min by a snooze alarm and have disrupted sleep?

Originally Posted by aquariuscsm
I have mine all the way across the room so I have to actually get up to turn it off. For the life of me I can't understand the people who set the snooze for an hour. Why not actually sleep till it's time to get up instead of being interrupted every 5 min by a snooze alarm and have disrupted sleep?

It's a game... My spouse does this. I'm of the same opinion as you.

Last edited:
Originally Posted by StevieC
Originally Posted by aquariuscsm

It's a game... My spouse does this. I'm of the same opinion as you.
I used to love doing that, but it makes you feel horrible when you actually awaken.

Originally Posted by BJD78
Been retired almost 5 years now.. no more alarm clocks for me. LOL!

Exactly. Retired in 2007 and threw the alarm out. I did set my alarm within arms reach when I worked, but normally was always up before it was set to go off.

Originally Posted by ZZman
Time to go light and fluffy. My alarm clock is on the other side of the room forcing me to get up. No snooze for me or falling back to sleep by mistake.

P.S: Yeah, some of you don't need an alarm clock or use your phone!

That's the best way! I did that too when I was a student and had to get up after a night of......studying!
56.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back