Walmart batteries with 12 month warranty

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah that a East Penn battery... It is the 535mf model... So it has 90 minutes of reserve capacity... It actually has 550 CCA.. It is the same battery that carries a 18 month free replacement warranty through Napa...

Last edited:
They still start my 7.3L powerstroke van, purchased batteries last april. They spent 1 hour installing them for free, one battery is bolted to a frame rail in a box. So all that free labor, 2 batteries, only $100. If they can fire up a 7.3L, with no plug, in the winter, and it sits for a week at a time, they are good enough for me.

Originally Posted by y_p_w
Too late for me at this point, but I do remember seeing some Group 35 at my local one. They were clearly marked as distributed by JCI, but made in Korea. But the only one I saw looked like the case was cracked at the top and possibly leaking a bit.

Someone posted this last year:

https://www.bobistheoilguy.com/foru...luepower-car-batteries-48-88#Post4628857

[Linked Image from bobistheoilguy.com]

It's distributed by JCI but I was thinking maybe it could be made by another company. However, I looked up what JCI does in Korea, and they apparently have a couple of factories there making a "Delkor" brand battery sold in the Asia-Pacific region.

https://www.johnsoncontrols.com/med...n-controls-best-automotive-battery-maker
Johnson Controls manufactures Delkor batteries in South Korea, supplying maintenance-free products to automakers and retailers throughout the Asia Pacific region, including Australia, Japan, Taiwan, Malaysia, Indonesia, Vietnam, Philippines, Cambodia, Korea and the Middle East.

Funny you should post that. I went digging for that post and couldn't find it this evening to give an update on that battery. That's my picture of it sitting in the back of my 2003 Accord. Bought it right at the 2017/2018 new year and that car has been daily driven since then, with every other weekend off. Battery is still working just fine. Two years, no complaints, would buy again.

Originally Posted by Linctex
I keep looking.... I have yet to see East Penn (Deka) at any Walmart in Texas
O'Reilly Auto Parts sells East Penn batteries.

So, an update on my now 2 year 1 month old battery. Failed to start the Accord this morning. This is after daily driving that car in the GA heat for the duration. At $49 and some change, I just picked up another from Walmart. I generally get 3-4 years out of even a 'good' battery. Granted, I've not used an AGM, but this is a daily driver back and forth to work car and I own jump packs that ride around in the cars, so I don't see the need for a $180+ battery.

I'd hoped for more, but I'm happy with 2 years and replaced it with the same, although, at least here in GA, they are not labeled as 'Value Power' . They are now 'Value Ever Start' . Still a Johnson Control battery, although this one is stamped 'Made in Mexico' with a 12/19 date sticker.

So, just an update for anyone wondering. In my opinion, they are still a good value, even at a 2 year life (for me).

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

Last edited:
38-1/2 months on the $49 Value Power in my Camry so far. 3 years is a miracle for any battery in Phoenix, so I'm sold on the $49 batteries.

Originally Posted by philipp10
Isn't most if not all of the extra cost in a long warranty battery just to cover the warranty? I am making the assumption that a $50 12 month warranty battery is built just as good as the $90, 42 month battery. The only difference is, the store has to reimburse you should you show up 21 months into the batteries life and give you some 50% of your money back. I don't know batteries well but I have used these cheap batteries for a long time with no issues.

No, more like they are different batteries that just happen to have the same terminals and casing size for mounting purposes.

- $50 12 mo. vs $93 60 mo. for Walmart Everstart Maxx group 65N

- 60 mo battery weighs more and has more CCA

- Warranty is value added, no reason not to take advantage of it with Walmarts everywhere and most open 24/7.

- A single event of being stranded would make it worth the slight (few dollars per year) extra investment. I do get about 5 years out of Everstart Maxx, which are Johnson Controls made at my local Walmart.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back