Whistling wipers!

Status
Not open for further replies.
An icy morning this past week damaged my trusty wiper blades, so I jetted over to Wally World and bought some RainX Hybrids (only ones left in my size). Hit the highway afterward and heard this annoying whistling from the windshield. I thought I had an air leak but everything was fine on the drive over. The only variable that had changed were the wipers. So, I pulled into a gas station and reinstalled my old torn up blades. Hit the highway again and noise was gone!

I've never experienced whistling wipers before! Guess the design of the wipers and air flow over my windshield didn't go well together.

Originally Posted by mclasser
An icy morning this past week damaged my trusty wiper blades, so I jetted over to Wally World and bought some RainX Hybrids (only ones left in my size). Hit the highway afterward and heard this annoying whistling from the windshield. I thought I had an air leak but everything was fine on the drive over. The only variable that had changed were the wipers. So, I pulled into a gas station and reinstalled my old torn up blades. Hit the highway again and noise was gone!

I've never experienced whistling wipers before! Guess the design of the wipers and air flow over my windshield didn't go well together.

That's weird! Must be a specific combination of your car and your wipers. Guess you gotta return them and get a different brand/style.

You don't state which car but both Honda and Hyundai use similar blade type. Use dealer OEM inserts, better and cheaper than complete blade. Re Use the METAL OEM insert in the blade. Be sure to install properly, easy once you've done it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back