New to the fleet 2001 Suburban !!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted by dishdude
Looks nice, a lot of truck for the money. Literally and figuratively!

Definitely a score and congrats. Over here, you have to be SUPER quick to find a deal, else you can get a pile of rust(or junk) for $1500!

Originally Posted by maxdustington
That interior is really nice for $1400 and 246k. 8/10 driver's seat with that much mileage means a lot of highway.

^^Absolutely!! Dallas/Ft Worth is a HUGE area and everyone here commutes and drives a lot of highway miles.

Dude, not bad for $1400. Although I'm not a fan of Lucas additives, it seems like you'll take good care of this truck and get it past the 300K mark.

Originally Posted by krismoriah72
Similar to my 2003 Z71 that I got for $2K.. except mine is 4wd.

Things that are kind of common in these era are dash clusters failing, knock sensors and rusted brake lines near the front of the frame. I have had all 3 churn up on me in the past 2 yrs.

You may want to see if you can release the spare tire in the back if it still has one. Mine was stuck.. had to be torched out.

00-02's had their issues, 03-06 had TONS more dash clusters, stabilitrak, abs/brake lights, those fan blower motors actuators going out

Luckily down here we don't have to deal with the dreaded "GM brake/fuel line rust" issues most in the Midwest/NE rust belt areas do

ALL my vehicles are rust free from North Texas/Oklahoma area since new
cool.gif

Dave

Originally Posted by hpb
Lol, only in America would a monstrous V8 SUV be considered a daily driver!! I'm jealous. Looks like a great buy
smile.gif

Ya well It helps that gas is currently $2.00 a GALLON in my town lol

HAHA
banana2.gif

Dave

On the warranty work: it sounds like an unscrupulous mechanic just replacing parts. What are the odds that both the right rear and left rear window motors would go bad at the same time ? Sounds like a wiring issue to me.
ECU reflash is routine. Fuel tank and fuel pump ? Go figure.

These things are tanks. A guy had one on a recent ski trip I went on - not only did it shuttle everyone to and from the restaurants every night, but it had something like 280,000 miles on it and was still in good shape!

Originally Posted by rubberchicken
On the warranty work: it sounds like an unscrupulous mechanic just replacing parts. What are the odds that both the right rear and left rear window motors would go bad at the same time ? Sounds like a wiring issue to me.
ECU reflash is routine. Fuel tank and fuel pump ? Go figure.

LOL. All that was done at a Chevy dealer when new and in defense the Fuel pump, window motors are notorious for crapping out on these. And not sure if it matters but this was one of the first few batch of Mexican built Suburbans of the line in 2000, So might be one of those "Still working the kinks out" models ??

Dave

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back