New Meguiars Hybrid Ceramic Wax

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted by grampi
I still have yet to see anyone say these new waxes/sealants last 6 months or a year. That's what I'm looking for. They may be easy to use and can be applied in as little as 5 or 10 minutes, But how long do they last? I get a solid 6 months from Collinite 845. If/when these new sealants go longer than that, I will start using them...

I will keep you updated, A guy at work has had it on for 3 weeks and so far its perfect... However he did clay / fast clay with mothers synthetic clay pad.. then he used the cermaic spray wax....

Good Point you have.... Valid question..... However it wont hurt to try yourself??

Any thoughts on how long this product would last on the front windshield? I'm curious if it would perform like RainX.

Originally Posted by Tar_Rat29
Any thoughts on how long this product would last on the front windshield? I'm curious if it would perform like RainX.

Yes works on your windsheld just like rain x... I have it on my rims all over..... Works nice..
Its not very expensive plus there is a $5 OFF digital rebate.... No reason not to try.

Originally Posted by David1
I still have yet to see anyone say these new waxes/sealants last 6 months or a year. That's what I'm looking for. They may be easy to use and can be applied in as little as 5 or 10 minutes, But how long do they last? I get a solid 6 months from Collinite 845. If/when these new sealants go longer than that, I will start using them...

I will keep you updated, A guy at work has had it on for 3 weeks and so far its perfect... However he did clay / fast clay with mothers synthetic clay pad.. then he used the cermaic spray wax....

Good Point you have.... Valid question..... However it wont hurt to try yourself??

I would say if it lasts as long as Collinite 845, then it would be worth using just because of its ease of application...

Few of the professional detailers have gone completely off their rockers and claiming that Meguairs Hybrid Ceramic Wax is nothing but a fraud. But these guys have their own product to push and they charge about 10x for their product than what Meguairs sells theirs for.

I try everything looking at least once looking a product that does as advertised. This one doesn't replace a regular wax/sealant and at best is OK. Once again a friend of mine was happy when I passed the product along with NO promises. The only product I have used so far which has done more than expected for my climate has been FK1000. For a quick shine with something that works on paint, chrome and everything else Papa Shine "Quick Mist" (ordered online) has served me well as it leaves NO residue or streaks on anything.

Last edited:
I like it!

Learn from me though. With this product, more is only more, not better. I applied it (too) liberally, then spread it with a soft dry microfiber mitt. I tried to dry it but was left with a streaky mess. I rinsed the car down, and you could see where it was applied too thick - those areas looked like there was nothing on the paint, and as I rinsed off the excess, water started to sheet and bead off the paint.

Another dry, and I'm left with this:

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

You really can't beat that gloss. That looks great.

I have read quite a few comments elsewhere that a little goes a long ways. Overdoing it will give you streaks.

How long did that take you ?

Originally Posted by PimTac
You really can't beat that gloss. That looks great.

I have read quite a few comments elsewhere that a little goes a long ways. Overdoing it will give you streaks.

How long did that take you ?

All told maybe 2 hours? Washed the wheels and the car by hand, then messed around with the Hybrid Ceramic Wax.

Cleaning up any light streaks was very easy with a damp microfiber.

I went out and got a bottle this weekend to try on my black Legacy GT... I guess I applied to heavily and was rewarded with streaks and such that I wasn't fond of. However I did notice a very slick surface and great water sheeting when I went to wash/dry again! I think once I learn to properly apply it (of course everything is worse on gloss black) I'll like it!

Should make cleanup work on my big 'ol F350 a little easier!

Originally Posted by racin4ds
I went out and got a bottle this weekend to try on my black Legacy GT... I guess I applied to heavily and was rewarded with streaks and such that I wasn't fond of. However I did notice a very slick surface and great water sheeting when I went to wash/dry again! I think once I learn to properly apply it (of course everything is worse on gloss black) I'll like it!

Should make cleanup work on my big 'ol F350 a little easier!

That's the beauty of these products. You should notice less dust and dirt accumulation. Those rain showers in Florida will wash a lot of that right off.

Did you get the bottle from Amazon or other store? From looking at later and not so stellar reviews, I am wondering if it is an issue with a specific supplier. Mine was purchased from Amazon.

The biggest problem with these products is with the user. The trick is to spray a light mist on the panels. Using good quality microfiber towels helps. Spraying too much on is a common mistake.

just finished using it on my crv. the beadmaker on there was getting weak. lasted about 2 1/2 months . car is parked outside so it not too bad. washed it and rinsed. sprayed the meguirs on it and wiped ti around with a microfiber to spread it. then i took my pressure washer and sprayed it off. got great water beading that was not there before applying it. did the whole car and it seems to work ok

i think spreading it around every time is better than just spritzing it and rinse. curious to see how long it will last. this is my first try of these products. so far satisfied. gonna try the mothers one next .

the amount i used was about 1/4 of the bottle so i think there is enough to do 3-5 cars in a bottle. if this works long term no more hand applying and buff off for me

Last edited:
*Then how is the BEST way to apply the Meg's Hybrid Ceramic Wax ? ... List the exact steps please !

Originally Posted by ChrisD46
*Then how is the BEST way to apply the Meg's Hybrid Ceramic Wax ? ... List the exact steps please!

I'd say:

Wash and rinse the car.

Spray HCW over all painted surfaces.

Use a microfiber to spread it around.

High pressure rinse. (hose on "jet" or pressure washer)

Towel dry.

If there is any streaking, use a microfiber lightly misted with water.

Originally Posted by thescreensavers
Longevity of wax'es are highly dependent on your surface. If you have never clayed your car and it sounds like sand paper doesn't matter what wax you apply it will not last long.

I would think surface prep would affect the look more than the longevity...

Longevity of wax'es are highly dependent on your surface. If you have never clayed your car and it sounds like sand paper doesn't matter what wax you apply it will not last long.

And you'd be wrong. The smoother and cleaner the surface, the better the bond, and the longer your sealant/wax will last.

Originally Posted by rooflessVW

And you'd be wrong. The smoother and cleaner the surface, the better the bond, and the longer your sealant/wax will last.

I didn't say surface prep wouldn't affect longevity, I just think it affects the gloss of the finish more...both are good reasons to do a proper prep...

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back