ST Syn in a TGDI?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Anyone using this oil in a TGDI vehicle? I'm very impressed with it in my wife's vehicle, and thinking of using it in my new Accord since I'll be doing short intervals due to fuel dilution. Any experiences would be great. Thanks.

I wouldn't run it if it didn't. I'm just asking for some antidotal experience. Thanks.

At least in the 5W30 grade, this oil has the same dexos1 Gen 2 license number as MAG1 and amazonbasics oil (and a bunch of others I don't remember)...so any experience with those oils might be of use to the OPer as they are likely to be extremely similar.

Originally Posted by BTLew81
Anyone using this oil in a TGDI vehicle? I'm very impressed with it in my wife's vehicle, and thinking of using it in my new Accord since I'll be doing short intervals due to fuel dilution. Any experiences would be great. Thanks.

I looked at the Honda CRV with turbo-charged direct inject. Had I purchased it, it would have only drank Pennzoil Platinum, which advertises 50% more cleaning than other leading brands.... and we all know what turbos and direct inject can do to the insides of engines.

I was willing to spend the extra $7 ...ie.... $22vs$15. Plus, my most recent Platinum purchase qualifies for a $10 rebate. I went back to the store yesterday and bought a 2nd jug of Platinum, for the rebate is good for two purchases of five quart jugs. So each jug of Platinum will only cost me $12.

If it's Dexos1Gen2 it's good for a TGDI application. Not that I own anything TGDI or even GDI but that's the facts.

Last edited:
Originally Posted by Triple_Se7en
which advertises 50% more cleaning than other leading brands....

You decided to run their oil after exhaustive examination of their claims, I am sure.

gimme a break...any D1G2 oil will do fine....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back