What's the nicest rideshare car you've seen/used?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not thinking of something like Uber Black, but just a normal Uber/Lyft/whatever.

I remember seeing a Subaru commercial where someone is picked up in BRZ and the passenger is having so much fun riding in it that he tells the driver to just keep on driving even though he's at his destination. Apparently there are a few BRZs and 86s approved by Uber. I have't really tried it myself, but I guess the customer can decline a particular car if it's not adequate for the number of people and/or luggage?

I thought maybe if I ever retired early and had a boatload of cash I might consider just buying something and being a rideshare driver just to kill time. I suppose the car I'm thinking of would be a Civic Type R, which has a decent trunk given it's a hatchback. Only 4 seats though.

Rode in a Tesla Model S in St. Louis this past winter as a Lyft passenger - seriously unimpressed with the backseat. The bench was so short it was uncomfortable even for a 15 minute ride and the leather/pleather was tearing in multiple spots. It was the worse than city bus like seating position in the back seat that told me this car had all its $$$ spent in certain areas while areas like back seat comfort were just entirely ignored. I had previously been intrigued by the Tesla brand but after that short ride I was seriously turned off

I've actually only been in 1 Uber. So it was the nicest one I've been in.

It was a 2nd gen Prius with around 200k miles (could see odometer from back seat). It rode HORRIBLE, tires must have been pumped up to 50 psi and the suspension totally toast. Was like a horse carriage.

The other day my mom needed a ride so I sent an Uber for her (she doesn't do technology), the car that showed up was a fancy Lincoln SUV.

For "regular" Uber and Lyft, I've gotten picked up in a Mercedes GL450, ES300h, and a 300C Hemi.

Now, if we're talking the carpool I take into downtown San Francisco, I've been in a S63 AMG. I almost got picked up in a Model 3 the other day ago.

Originally Posted by Nick1994
I've actually only been in 1 Uber. So it was the nicest one I've been in.

It was a 2nd gen Prius with around 200k miles (could see odometer from back seat). It rode HORRIBLE, tires must have been pumped up to 50 psi and the suspension totally toast. Was like a horse carriage.

The other day my mom needed a ride so I sent an Uber for her (she doesn't do technology), the car that showed up was a fancy Lincoln SUV.

No, that's how a Prius rides.

Nicest...probably a Lexus RX hybrid. Close second, my neighbor's Town Car, despite its 300,000 miles.

Worst: a rattling, dirty Dodge Caliber.

Also, I was picked up in a newish WRX one time. The worst car for Uber or Lyft in the city but that guy might be the most popular man in Reno/Tahoe when the snow hits.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back