Walmart CANADA 3 year free replacement AGM

Status
Not open for further replies.
The AGM 3 yr free replacement batteries are showing up at Walmart CANADA. About $140 US equivalent.

520208CD-F293-4F63-94C7-340ABE38F8F6.jpeg

Last edited:
I have Canadian Tire AGM's (they had a sale on) in the '05 Buick and '07 Honda, installed almost 3 years ago. So far so good... except the Honda had me worried a couple days ago. We went skiing and stayed overnight, woke up to -35 deg C. No plug-in for the block heater as we arrived late and they were all taken. It turned over so slow, I was surprised that it actually started. I suppose that is pretty cold without the block heater, and the Honda battery is small. Still, had me wondering about the batteries' condition. BTW, oil is 5W20 M1. Had 0W20 in the sump earlier this winter, when it wasn't so cold
smirk2.gif

I think AGM vs flooded cell reliability has more to do with the quality of the battery, than the type. Seems like there are a lot of duds out there of both types.

Yeah they sure are....

And the battery in this picture is made by East Penn...
And I have seen the EP AGM batteries at a Walmart near Richmond... $149 plus tax. . About $40 cheaper than O Reilly's for the same battery.

Originally Posted by bbhero
Yeah they sure are....

And the battery in this picture is made by East Penn...
And I have seen the EP AGM batteries at a Walmart near Richmond... $149 plus tax. . About $40 cheaper than O Reilly's for the same battery.

The O Reilly's store in Western MA said their batteries are made by Delphi.

AGM - Absorbent Glass Matt

Can these AGM Batteries be used in ALL vehicles (using correct Group Size) ? ? ?

I've been reading about them and the info is showing their good if :
1) you deep cycle your battery
2) you have a lot of electronics

I'd buy one if I'd get twice the life out of it (6-10 years)

I looked at an H7 AGM at Walmart yesterday and did a double take. It had a 5 year free replacement warranty. The other AGM batteries said three year free replace, plus 2 years prorated, but this H7 clearly said 5 years free replacement warranty. That seemed pretty awesome, and that battery was only $15 more expensive than the other battery that had the 3 year free replace warranty.

Originally Posted by bubbatime
I looked at an H7 AGM at Walmart yesterday and did a double take. It had a 5 year free replacement warranty. The other AGM batteries said three year free replace, plus 2 years prorated, but this H7 clearly said 5 years free replacement warranty. That seemed pretty awesome, and that battery was only $15 more expensive than the other battery that had the 3 year free replace warranty.

thumbsup2.gif

I have to look into this.......the H7 in the Commander is starting to show its age!

I would see if they really know what the Sam world they are talking about....
All of my O Reilly's have all East Penn batteries. Ray Charles or Helen Keller would be able to tell they are East Penn... And the battery in that picture is a East Penn case... Exact same battery that East Penn made for Duracell sold at Sam's club... Or the Napa AGM.. and the same has what O Reilly's has... The ones at the Wally World near me were obviously EP. The AGM group 24f were there at that store but not at my local Wally World yet..

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back