Arrested Coast Guard lieutenant... planning to commit domestic terrorism

Status
Not open for further replies.
I spent 4 years in the Coast Guard years back. Served with some of the finest people I know, and am still friends with many. I guess every now and then, a bad one slips through.

Wow
crazy2.gif

Originally Posted by JerryBob
I spent 4 years in the Coast Guard years back. Served with some of the finest people I know, and am still friends with many. I guess every now and then, a bad one slips through.

Same here. There are bad ones anywhere you look. It sounds like CGIS had eyes on this guy for a while.

Why are you all shocked? I mean, the Emails are crazy, but everything else seems normal.

My whole neighborhood, everyone has more ammo than this guy has. Some can sell their ammo and buy a house.
He has more guns than me, need to buy more guns!
The Emails are unhinged for sure!
Drugs, Meth is a real problem. So stop the war on the peace plant!
Plenty of 'Vets' around here.
He is a prepper.
A White Nationalist.

Just saying I would have made a different career choice, he would have been retired for 10 years from the service already if he stuck in there.

There are unstable crackpots all over out there. I'm reminded of Nidal Hasan killing 13 people and injuring many more during his jihadist terrorist attack ahem... "workplace violence".

"they found 15 firearms and over 1,000 rounds of mixed ammunition, the document says"...

So? That's a problem?

One shooting competition or training event over a weekend and I could go through that much ammo...Easily...

I hate the way that the media spazzes out over ammo that's found at a house during an investigation. As if that amount of ammo is odd. It isn't. It's not that much if you happen to shoot for recreation or competition.

It's like saying: OMG!... He had $200 in cash!! ... that's not normal! He must be planning something...he was going to buy something illegal!!

Why else would he have that much cash!?!

Well....no, I just happened to have some cash...maybe I was going to take my wife out to dinner?

Sigh...

Not defending this guy, but the amount of ammo and number of guns found are meaningless. They mean nothing by themselves. That's not even a nice collection, or an extensive one. And it's not a lot of ammo.

Yet the law enforcement agency who released that information is fanning the flames of public opinion, with the press as a willing accomplice of distortion and sensationalism...

Last edited:
I'm guessing this is some kind of neo-nazi given how many people here are wondering what the big deal is?

Originally Posted by Alfred_B
I'm guessing this is some kind of neo-nazi given how many people here are wondering what the big deal is?

OK the guy is unhinged. He is stark raving mad. The chance that he could get one person on the list are zero.

The fact is that his gun collection is not that big a deal. I only have one semi auto rifle but as many long guns as he. And more pistols. a relative of mine is a collector and makes his collection look totally anemic.
Lots of people have many thousands of rounds. I can go through a thousand rounds in 2 weeks easily. You guys worry too much..scheesch

The news media has an agenda, believe it or not.
coffee2.gif

Last edited:

What's your point? That people on this forum like Nazis? That I like Nazis?

That's both ignorant and offensive.

My point was simple: the #s of what (guns/ammo) he had are meaningless.

His desire to commit mass murder*, if proven to be true, makes him a horrible sociopath.

Big difference there.

Can you see it?

What should concern us all: his Google searches are being used as evidence that he intended to commit a crime.

That's Orwellian...

* From the article: "I am dreaming of a way to kill almost every last person on the earth," Hasson allegedly wrote in a draft email to "acquaintances" last June; in the email, he appears to outline a stream of possible ways — ranging from biological attacks to bombing/sniper campaign"

That's horrible. That's a sociopath.

Last edited:
Originally Posted by Astro14

His desire to commit mass murder, through WMD, if proven to be true, makes him a horrible sociopath.

Big difference there.

Can you see it?

What should concern us all: his Google searches are being used as evidence that he intended to commit a crime.

That's Orwellian...

WRONG. He is a Coast Guard lieutenant. He is NOT A PRIVATE CITIZEN. He works FOR US. He should NOT have any rights to privacy, the Government owns him!

Originally Posted by Vern_in_IL

His desire to commit mass murder, through WMD, if proven to be true, makes him a horrible sociopath.

Big difference there.

Can you see it?

That's Orwellian...

WRONG. He is a Coast Guard lieutenant. He is NOT A PRIVATE CITIZEN. He works FOR US. He should NOT have any rights to privacy, the Government owns him!

No.

You are wrong.

Military members do not lose their Constitutional rights during their service.

Civil rights are inalienable in this country.

The oath of office (or enlistment)* obligates military members to certain conditions of service.

But you cannot ever take away the rights of an American Citizen.

*"I, _____ , do solemnly swear (or affirm) that I will support and defend the Constitution of the United States against all enemies, foreign or domestic, that I will bear true faith and allegiance to the same; that I take this obligation freely, without any mental reservations or purpose of evasion; and that that I will obey the orders of the President of the United States and the orders of the officers appointed over me, according to regulations and the Uniform Code of Military Justice; So help me God."

Doesn't say anything about giving up any rights or Constitutional protections. A service member is subject to the UCMJ, but that's largely administrative in nature, and provides for every single enumerated right in the Bill of Rights. Not one of those rights is abrogated by the UCMJ. There are crimes in the UCMJ which would not be crimes in civilian life, but those are lists of crimes, unique to military service, not a stripping of rights.

Last edited:
"they found 15 firearms and over 1,000 rounds of mixed ammunition, the document says"...

So? That's a problem?

His type and content of psychobabble on social media, etc. It should be well known by now when people like this start talking that way it's the first signs of psycos thinking about carrying out what they are spewing. What's the common thread law enforcement finds after every mass shooting? Hint: psyco talk and actions that gives signs/clues to someone's mental state and what they may plan on carrying out.

I'd rather see law enforcement swoop in on guys like this and really investigate it instead of once again saying "Someone saw all these signs and reported it, but we didn't do anything about it". Or worse yet, someday hearing: "People of the USA, everyone turn in all your guns".

This guy has evil intentions and will be going to jail over it, no doubt. In today's world you don't have to commit the crime. If it's proven he had plans he's going to pay for it. It's no different than any terrorist planning an evil attack to kill people.

And so many asserted that 'Europe's a mess' (or they did until the thread got zapped).

Oh the irony..

Originally Posted by 02SE
There are unstable crackpots all over out there. I'm reminded of Nidal Hasan killing 13 people and injuring many more during his jihadist terrorist attack ahem... "workplace violence".

Get over the jihist crud , it's the traditional Americans that are scariest ones out there.

No tweets on this one......

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back