Detailed my brothers 2002 Silverado...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted by joekingcorvette
Looks great! Those tires look aggressive if he lives in FL.

This is how we do it here in the south, it's not a truck if it isn't lifted with big tires.

gregk24,

Thank you for the reply. I have a 99 Trans Am that really needs some work done on the seats. II'll pick up the products you used and give it a shot.

Originally Posted by gregk24

This is how we do it here in the south, it's not a truck if it isn't lifted with big tires.

You sure that's lifted?

This is how lifted trucks are done in the southwest.
crazy.gif

liftedgmc.jpg

Originally Posted by AZjeff

You sure that's lifted?

This is how lifted trucks are done in the southwest.
crazy.gif

Looks good!

Nice job. You get it, you do things for family, nothing required back (there is a difference in doing it because you want to and being guilted into it by them).
I do stuff for family all the time and don't expect (but usually get) something in return.

Originally Posted by Trav
Looks great! I am surprised the anti NuFinish mob has not been triggered.

I was thinking the same thing.

I actually snuck in a wash and quick "wax" on my neighbors truck with nufinish.

She is a single 64 yr old that has no family nearby. She came home one afternoon when I was washing my vehicles, and she jokingly said hers was needing a wash as well (and it did). We talked a little and then she went it.
When I finished my vehicles, I went and washed hers, and decided to use the nufinish I had (I use it on my motorcycles plastic windshield, works great for that) on hers. Her paint looks OK, but the water was flat on the hood. Nufinish was able to be applied with a wet cloth and wiped off with a towel in about 10 minutes.
By no means an amazing detail, but it looked better when I was done, and it beads water now.
A few days later, she sees me come home from work and runs up with a bag of tamales (I buy some from her several times a year, they are fresh, homemade and amazing) and got a big hug. Well worth it just for the hug, the tamales were just a bonus.

Originally Posted by blupupher
Nice job. You get it, you do things for family, nothing required back (there is a difference in doing it because you want to and being guilted into it by them).
I do stuff for family all the time and don't expect (but usually get) something in return.

I was thinking the same thing.

I actually snuck in a wash and quick "wax" on my neighbors truck with nufinish.

She is a single 64 yr old that has no family nearby. She came home one afternoon when I was washing my vehicles, and she jokingly said hers was needing a wash as well (and it did). We talked a little and then she went it.
When I finished my vehicles, I went and washed hers, and decided to use the nufinish I had (I use it on my motorcycles plastic windshield, works great for that) on hers. Her paint looks OK, but the water was flat on the hood. Nufinish was able to be applied with a wet cloth and wiped off with a towel in about 10 minutes.
By no means an amazing detail, but it looked better when I was done, and it beads water now.
A few days later, she sees me come home from work and runs up with a bag of tamales (I buy some from her several times a year, they are fresh, homemade and amazing) and got a big hug. Well worth it just for the hug, the tamales were just a bonus.

Thats awesome! I wish we had more people like you in this world.

Originally Posted by das_peikko
Get rid of the steering wheel cover.

It's a bit tore up, but it gets the job done. He is a painter so those little white specs of paint are hard to keep off his hands and they inevitably transfer to the leather steering wheel. The steering wheel cover resolves that issue.

Originally Posted by das_peikko
Get rid of the steering wheel cover.

That's how they do it in the south.
crazy.gif

Thats awesome! I wish we had more people like you in this world.

Next door.
smile.gif

Nice job on the truck BTW.

Yea....I was waiting for them too. I just used some on my bathtub btw.

Originally Posted by Warstud

Yea....I was waiting for them too. I just used some on my bathtub btw.

Really? To what end? (serious question, never head of it).

Originally Posted by maxdustington
1500HD. A truck I don't really understand but love.

The 1500HD is the same exact truck as a standard duty 2500......So much weight was added (Crew Cab mainly) that it's not as capable Payload/GCWR wise to be called a 2500 anymore.
To get a Crew Cab & full capability of a 2500.......You had to get a 2500HD.

I thought they were a smart buy for the weekend warrior that towed at the edge of a 1500's weight ratings....
6.0L Power, 4L80E Toughness, Add a Dana 60 Quadrasteer & you got a good-capable truck!

Last edited:
I really like that look: Not a showpiece. A vehicle that works hard every day and ages gracefully. The longer you keep it like that, the more striking it becomes.

Plus, let's face it. Chevys of that age have sort of chiseled good looks—-you have something to work with.

The jobs not done till those tires are dressed, nothing shiny just a good satin finish
cheers3.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back