07 Accord–Has anyone seen this AC Control?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Has anyone seen this AC control, it's completely different than OEM controls on an 07 Accord?

It has an aftermarket head unit too. Does anyone know name of it and if it's reliable?
thumbsup2.gif

[Linked Image]

I'd love to find an alternate control so I can get rid of the integrated radio / AC on my 07 with Navi. What a mistake to buy a Honda nav , never again!

The climate control is a Metra 99-7803G, aftermarket dash kit.

I've never had much luck with JVCs, but it's been a while since I had one. The bigger worry is what kind of hack job they've done in the dash.

Originally Posted by MrMoody
The climate control is a Metra 99-7803G, aftermarket dash kit.

I've never had much luck with JVCs, but it's been a while since I had one. The bigger worry is what kind of hack job they've done in the dash.

Thanks for the pointer and help.

How can I validate and verify it was done properly? By checking all the controls or there's a quick way to do it?
smile.gif

The HVAC control head is aftermarket (Metra brand), I see them quite often & the failure rate seems to be 100%......It was developed so Double DIN head units would fit.

Cheap/low end Double DIN JVC head unit......Not that there are many quality aftermarket head units these days. Probably installed for Pre-Amp outputs.......Ghetto Rat's gotta have their BOOM-BOOM'S!

Last edited:
I think the back light for the display in the factory radios in this generation accord is a frequent failure point and is not replaceable without opening up the unit. Owner may have been sold this setup as an alternative. Looks like it's cheap junk.

As far as 'was it done properly' The Metra kit is plug and play, there's no need to cut wires (For the HVAC Crontrol), but, there have also been a few updates that need to be applied via the usb port on the unit. As for function, its so-so. It does work, but it certainly doesn't do as good of a job as the factory controls. The automatic control is dismal on most days regardless if you want AC or Heat, so manual control is your best bet.

Reliability, I've had no problems out of mine and I'm going on 5 years with it. I really didn't feel like replacing the factory unit when the disc changer jammed up and wanted some more modern features in my daily driver (Bluetooth, USB, ETC).

Last edited:
That looks like an aftermarket shifter handle, too. If it were me, I would stay away from this thing, if you haven't bought it yet. Somebody (probably a young kid) thought an Accord was a toy to mess with, not something to drive to work and maintain regularly. There'e a hole in the center console pad, too, suggesting abuse. My opinion, only. Accords, however, can take a lot of abuse and still probably be pretty reliable. '07 is after they fixed transmission problems, I think.

Oh, and I just noticed the scent tree hanging from the rear view mirror. It has been smoked in. Or mildew coverup, which could be because of a water leak because it was in a wreck and not fixed well. I guess I'm feeling pretty pessimistic tonight.

Originally Posted by Oscar_Ruitt
That looks like an aftermarket shifter handle, too. There'e a hole in the center console pad, too, suggesting abuse. My opinion, only. Accords, however, can take a lot of abuse and still probably be pretty reliable. '07 is after they fixed transmission problems, I think.

That's a factory shift handle.

Not sure a hole in the upholstery is 'abuse', could have just been an accident. I take care of my cars better than 90% of people and I still have a hole in a seat from who knows where. Stuff happens.

That's also an I4 car. The LX V6 had radio steering wheel controls and power mirrors (Both missing on this car) Either way, the V6 trans problems were fixed by 06 and the I4's didn't really have any problems to start with.

Like dishdude said, the factory Honda radio is a failure point and an aftermarket replacement isn't all that uncommon these days. It certainly doesn't immediately point to someone abusing their car, just someone wanting something updated over spending big $$$ fixing a factory unit and having to ship it off and be without your HVAC while its being fixed. Most people drive these cars as an 'appliance' so as long as cold and hot air blows and they have something to listen to, they don't care if its aftermarket or factory.

Last edited:
Originally Posted by Oscar_Ruitt
Oh, and I just noticed the scent tree hanging from the rear view mirror. It has been smoked in. Or mildew coverup, which could be because of a water leak because it was in a wreck and not fixed well. I guess I'm feeling pretty pessimistic tonight.

LOL!
lol.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back