Not sure why my internet is slow...

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is my laptop at home... Wasn't sure why my Internet was slow considering I just upgraded to Gigabit.
Guess I haven't restarted in a while.

Only 23 days... That has to be a record for not requiring a Windows Update either, way to go Microsoft.
lol.gif

Up Time.png

Originally Posted by Quattro Pete
???

23 days no reboot. Check the obvious... Duh on my part. This is a feat for most Windows PC's in my experience.

Last edited:
My internet on my laptop was super slow but it was performing just fine otherwise. Restarted after I saw this and now it's fine. For some reason both my work laptop and personal laptop will slow down if they aren't rebooted in a while.

Strange. I've never experienced that with my windows machines. The one running W10 does reboot itself quite often though due to updates.

We use Windows 10 at remote sites to clock in and out. I run speed test and if slow reboot. At least weekly, if not more often. Maybe your system is so fast it took a while to notice the speed loss.
whistle.gif

Originally Posted by MONKEYMAN
We use Windows 10 at remote sites to clock in and out. I run speed test and if slow reboot. At least weekly, if not more often. Maybe your system is so fast it took a while to notice the speed loss.
whistle.gif

I haven't run a speedtest when this happens... I just find that it takes forever to resolve the host names. It will just sit there instead of being instant.

I'll run a speedtest next time that happens to see if it's one component in windows or the whole connection. Good point
thumbsup2.gif

Strange. I've never experienced that with my windows machines. The one running W10 does reboot itself quite often though due to updates.

Mine has that disabled. Work is administrated so it updates when they tell me but it won't reboot automatically

I can't help you with a Windows machine.

Did you catch the ever slight twinge of sarcasm?

12.gif

Originally Posted by Gebo
I can't help you with a Windows machine.

Did you catch the ever slight twinge of sarcasm?

12.gif

Noted.
lol.gif

Thanks!

It will still prompt you but it will never actually restart. Unfortunately they have locked out the ability to just disable the windows update service any longer. Now they have a Windows Health service or something like that. I love this communist software. You will do what we tell you when we tell you.
mad.gif

Thanks to someone in here I dont allow my Windows 10 to update until I decide I want it too.
I got sick of constant updates, now couple times a year I enable auto update for a week or two, then turn it off.

Anyway, I give credit to whoever told me about this fantastic simple "app" I just click and Windows will not update, maybe in 6 months Ill allow windows to update for a period of 10 days or so, then turn it back off.

https://www.novirusthanks.org/products/win-update-stop/

Last edited:
Originally Posted by wwillson
The server we just moved from had an uptime of about 800 days. Give Linux a try :)

lol.gif
It's a windows world that I interface with mostly...
frown.gif

2.4 Ghz wireless is pretty congested and slow in urban and suburban areas due to interference.

Originally Posted by NO2
2.4 Ghz wireless is pretty congested and slow in urban and suburban areas due to interference.

My Ubiquity access point does band steering so I have one SSID and initially the device will connect at 2.4Ghz and then the AP will steer it to 5Ghz if the device is capable. Most of my devices are 5Ghz with the exception of printers etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back