Product Rebates, Sales and Promotions forum delete policy

Status
Not open for further replies.

wwillson

Staff member
We have removed all threads from the Product Rebates, Sales and Promotions forum older than 6 months. In the future we will always prune the posts that are greater than 6 months old.

Originally Posted by Warstud
There is also 1,102 pages in the "Product Rebates, Sales and Promotions" forum that date back to 2005. These sales are over. Only need about 20 pages.

Thanks for the suggestion

It would be interesting with Black Friday coming up to compare to an archive thread from last BF...

On the flipside if you could fix my local news station's website: Whenever I read a story about an upcoming winter storm there are links below that show snowfall maps from previous winter storms as though they're new news.
mad.gif

Originally Posted by zorobabel
I sometimes go back to find product info & other info shared in these threads.

My suggestion is ......if there's anything in the "Product Rebates, Sales and Promotions" forum that you may want to view at a later date....save it to your computer.

Originally Posted by zorobabel
I sometimes go back to find product info & other info shared in these threads.

My suggestion is ......if there's anything in the "Product Rebates, Sales and Promotions" forum that you may want to view at a later date....save it to your computer.

Because I always know what I may need in the future.
Problem is these forums were purged then we were notified that it happened, so lots of data lost.

Stupid to delete these things. Minimal space saved, previous deals to compare to are now gone.
Not that the search here is the best, but now that there is not data to search, not a problem.

And yes, this is after the fact, but I was searching for a deal from late 2017/ early 2018 and now have no way to find it (since I did not save it to my computer).

Originally Posted by blupupher
Stupid to delete these things. Minimal space saved, previous deals to compare to are now gone.

What good does it do you..... to know what the previous deal was? All these complaints about deleting threads is ridiculous. I find it hard to believe that someone would actually take the time and effort to look at a previous deal.

Originally Posted by blupupher

What good does it do you..... to know what the previous deal was? All these complaints about deleting threads is ridiculous. I find it hard to believe that someone would actually take the time and effort to look at a previous deal.

Does not matter why I am looking for a previous deal.
I know a thread was there. I am searching for it. It is now not there.
The whole point of the internet was the availability of information, and now the information I want to find no longer exists.

Not my forum, but I have the ability to complain about things I don't agree with.
Apparently the deleted threads have affected me since I am complaining about it. Probably others as well, but apparently you think we are not allowed to complain.

I don't understand why they needed to be deleted. They did not bother you in any way shape or form.

Lets just delete all threads from before 2010.
Those threads are from a different time when SM oil was around, so they don't apply to anything today since you can't get SM oil anymore.
Nobody would search for stuff like that so lets just get rid of it.

The data was deleted it's not coming back

I've no idea what it cost to store or the size of that supliferous data. And neither do you.

I'm thinking about 4 months is plenty to bemoan or accept its gone.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back